Chimney Rock Conditions

How did you ever get back to the lot?
Fast recovery wishes
Slowly…..

Walked lower red and white today. I wouldn't call it rideable but with all the rain we got it is in better shape than one would expect.
Might be rideable by saturday.

CR not good for riding today
quick survey as I planned earlier to stop by anyway
even Logan and Middlebrook were sloppy

While CR is not bone dry right now, riding will not do any damage to the trails. You can avoid the lower half of Blue, other then that its good to go.
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/chimney-rock-thursdays.29983/page-30

I dislodged a number of good sized stones on the way up logan, if it weren't wet they would have stayed put. Not contradicting your assessment Iggy, I just wanted to be mindful and not screw up anything.

And holy crap the recent rain made everything grow like 2 feet. The reeds on the white trail boardwalk are now wall to wall tall grasses. I saw @jimvreeland photo recently and its so different.

I dislodged a number of good sized stones on the way up logan, if it weren't wet they would have stayed put. Not contradicting your assessment Iggy, I just wanted to be mindful and not screw up anything.

And holy crap the recent rain made everything grow like 2 feet. The reeds on the white trail boardwalk are now wall to wall tall grasses. I saw @jimvreeland photo recently and its so different.

Now is the time to throw in some handheld trimmers in your camelbak. Shit will be out of control. Everytime you ride, your arms will look like you fought a cat.

Everytime you ride, your arms will look like you fought a cat.

It's been like that for a while now. The CR Cat is at least a month old, just getting fatter by the day.

What is Logan?

CR not good for riding today
quick survey as I planned earlier to stop by anyway
even Logan and Middlebrook were sloppy

I just got back from there. It's quiet a bit wetter than last night but I doubt anyone could do much damage.

Now is the time to throw in some handheld trimmers in your camelbak.

Is this what you blew us off last night, so you could trim? Explains the large Camelback

Rode Sunday morning, trails were not terribly wet but certainly sloppy; on reflection should have ridden elsewhere, like Lew Mo. I'm giving it a 2.

Branch down on middle blue. Its not big in diameter but its really bushy and is blocking the whole trail.

Rode The Rock this afternoon - trails are in real good condition despite the latest rains. Did not ride the outer Blue near stream or outer White furthest away from resorvoir, I assumed they would be a mess. Rode most all of Red, Orange and Yellow and they were in good condition A little mud but mostly puddles of standing water with solid ground beneath so no ruts created. Tried to skirt around if I could.
Two trees down on Blue - one on outer loop and one inner loop. Big tree down on Yellow High Tech, near new wood bridge. This one has vines on it, so I'll let you know tomorrow if its poison ivy or poison oak.

Conditions are really solid today. A few wet spots here and there but nothing to worry about. Get out there and enjoy before all the rocks are gone

Yup. It's was about as good as it gets out there tonight, aside from the usual blue areas. It was a little strange. Seemed like all the rocks were packed in place. Very stable and quiet to ride on them. Unusual for this park. Get out there.

Good news - no itchy-scratchies, so it's not poison oak (I don't get poison ivy). Yeah, and what's up with the removal of rocks?? That's what makes this place fun and challenging. If you don't like rocks go to 6 Mile or Lewis Morris, leave our park alone.

I got poison ivy from Chimney Rock, I am avoiding that place for now because I hate poison ivy and I'm retarded and can't remember how it looks. I don't really like wearing gloves and long sleeves when I trail ride since I get hot. Got it on my hand and wrists. Terrible.

I got poison ivy from Chimney Rock, I am avoiding that place for now because I hate poison ivy and I'm retarded and can't remember how it looks. I don't really like wearing gloves and long sleeves when I trail ride since I get hot. Got it on my hand and wrists. Terrible.

I get Poison Ivy terribly every year - THIS WORKS: http://www.amazon.com/Zanfel-Poison-Sumac-Wash-Tube/dp/B000GCPWUU

(If you have an HSA card/account you can use it to buy it)

I get Poison Ivy terribly every year - THIS WORKS: http://www.amazon.com/Zanfel-Poison-Sumac-Wash-Tube/dp/B000GCPWUU

(If you have an HSA card/account you can use it to buy it)

It works if you know you touched poison ivy (uroshiol) but I had no clue and went about my day like nothing happened till I got the itch the next day. At that point isn't it too late and you just have to let it pass? Unless I'm wrong.

I got it all over my forearms and calves last year doing yardwork and I recall it taking almost 2 weeks to subside. It was terrible.

EDIT: But will try it!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions