Chimney Rock Conditions

I got poison ivy from Chimney Rock, I am avoiding that place for now because I hate poison ivy and I'm retarded and can't remember how it looks. I don't really like wearing gloves and long sleeves when I trail ride since I get hot. Got it on my hand and wrists. Terrible.

Some people have told me that this works for them:

51NZhzfydjL._SY450_.jpg

If you ride red and blue, you likely won't get PI. It's that backside trails that get overgrown.

It works if you know you touched poison ivy (uroshiol) but I had no clue and went about my day like nothing happened till I got the itch the next day. At that point isn't it too late and you just have to let it pass? Unless I'm wrong.

I got it all over my forearms and calves last year doing yardwork and I recall it taking almost 2 weeks to subside. It was terrible.

EDIT: But will try it!!

Do it anyway as it relieves itch and gets rid of the blistering super quick. It's not a wash like tecnu that you use on exposure but one for after outbreak

Bout time. :)

You understand this is a government operation over there, right? ;) Ranger Chris actually cares & he banged this out as quickly as he could. Ask Iggy about some of the guys he works with.

Next 2 scheduled TM dates:

Wednesday, July 22

Wednesday, August 19

Both are 5.30 starts, ending time when we run out of light. Meeting location TBD.

Anyone been out? I'm assuming it's wet. I took the dog for a walk yesterday afternoon in some local woods and there was a crazy amount of standing water.

It wouldn't even cross my mind to ride today or tomorrow. This is probably because I'm so close. But I would think at best, someone might venture out tomorrow afternoon to test the waters. I would think Wednesday would be the earliest I would think to go there.

Rode today after work, trails in pretty good condition, Outer blue was ok, red pretty good, some typical wet areas but not bad. Orange yellow and white were fine. Checked out most of the trails and all good.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions