Campmor H2H Ringwood Race

Purple Liquid.. I posted a few on www.getoutsidemore.com

Justin.. thanks for the compliment... The site is actually my brother and I, so you should be seeing more pics on this site as time progresses... I bring my camera with me on every ride.

Ringwood

LOL Norm never dissappoints. His posts are usually always funny. :D

I think Biz's initial post may have been a little too harsh, hence all the backlash. Try to realize that the medium you are using to express your thoughts and opinions is for riders and racers who love mountainbikes. None of us here race for the prize money or the free schwag, or whatever. Although I will admit it is nice to get it. I pay my 30 bucks and go race because I'm old and I need to fill that void for competition in my life. But this website is about people who love riding, blasting the race promoters on here is not the place. Trail maps, quick results, perfectly marked out trails, buildings with signs on them, etc... is this really important in the grand scheme of things? Is these were not done perfect would you not come out to race? I mean it's always good to have a well organized race and so on, but to rip them a new one the way you did seemed over the top. Maybe I'm just too easy going? So this year rvcc may not have done the absolute perfect job they have done in the past, so what? It was a great season done by a lot of great people, out of love. Just try to remember that.

"Just a few tips from your uncle larry."

Nice pic.! I see Dave was on your tail. Question is was it before or after his additional 3 mile fire road ride!

That was before the free 3. I didn't see Justin until after the race when he was in the meatwagon. Joe- you in for Sun?

That was before the free 3. I didn't see Justin until after the race when he was in the meatwagon. Joe- you in for Sun?

Of course it was before -- I can't keep up with Dave these days.:) Dave passed me on the singletrack so that was pretty early on.

Raining down here in VA so no riding this weekend for me. Not sure about MountainMan/909 next weekend.

Hope to ride with both of you soon -

Ug, I didn't do so hot.... Time to start training for next season...

Not to start the flaming war back up, but this is I believe the 3rd race this season that I am entered in the results as having a One Day License when I do in fact have a NORBA license which I presented at registration.

Not to start the flaming war back up, but this is I believe the 3rd race this season that I am entered in the results as having a One Day License when I do in fact have a NORBA license which I presented at registration.

That's the problem, you're liscense won't work. You need a USAC-MTB liscense... ;)

It's a drag but one of the benefits of pre-registering is that your license number and team affiliation are correctly appended to your name.

big turnout for pro women. that's good to see. it'll encourage more women to ride/race i think. it's also good to see jane having people to race against and getting to finish and place. i always feel kinda bad for her when she races masters mens expert, beats me, but get's a dnf because she's obviously not a masters male expert...

since it says i DNF'd, instead of DNSing, i guess i get to make up some crazy story like:

i was in the top three, having the strongest ride of my year, when this 800lb black bear ran out in front of me while i was going about 46mph on the downhill. i didn't hit it, but then the crazy, sasquatch lookin hermit that was chasing it ran out in front of me and i hit him. it was crazy, but my bike and i were ok. so i kicked him in the teeth and got back on my bike and kept going, but i had lost five positions. so i was really putting the hammer down. came up to the last climb and i pedalled so hard that i ripped all the teeth off of my chainring and cog. i got off and started running. it was going really good till brushed up against a dead tree and got a splinter. that was the end of my race.

i guess i get to make up some crazy story like:

i was in the top three, having the strongest ride of my year, when this 800lb black bear ran out in front of me while i was going about 46mph on the downhill. i didn't hit it, but then the crazy, sasquatch lookin hermit that was chasing it ran out in front of me and i hit him. it was crazy, but my bike and i were ok. so i kicked him in the teeth and got back on my bike and kept going, but i had lost five positions. so i was really putting the hammer down. came up to the last climb and i pedalled so hard that i ripped all the teeth off of my chainring and cog. i got off and started running. it was going really good till brushed up against a dead tree and got a splinter. that was the end of my race.

You forgot the part where the promoter pulled you from the race for kicking the hermit in the teeth outside of the "unannounced" time limit.

they would have pulled me from the race, but a mountain lion ate my number plate, so they didn't know who i was.

big turnout for pro women. that's good to see. it'll encourage more women to ride/race i think. it's also good to see jane having people to race against and getting to finish and place. i always feel kinda bad for her when she races masters mens expert, beats me, but get's a dnf because she's obviously not a masters male expert...

BTW, the reason why there were so many pro women is because they combined the 2 younger expert women with the 2 pros.

ditto

It's a drag but one of the benefits of pre-registering is that your license number and team affiliation are correctly appended to your name.

Tranquilo,

How does preregistering make a difference in regards to whether or not your license # and team name is included in the results? When you register the day of the event, there is space on the registration form for that information and SHOULD be transferred to the list of riders at registration time. And I'm pretty sure the results were hand-entered and not produced with some sort of DB or table from bikereg.com. If anyone knows for sure, please pipe up now.

Tranquilo,

How does preregistering make a difference in regards to whether or not your license # and team name is included in the results? When you register the day of the event, there is space on the registration form for that information and SHOULD be transferred to the list of riders at registration time. And I'm pretty sure the results were hand-entered and not produced with some sort of DB or table from bikereg.com. If anyone knows for sure, please pipe up now.

i'm not saying what should or should not happen. i suggest you take that up with those responsible for that information.

:D BIZ
When you pre reg on line Bike reg has the ability to get a print out to the race organisers. On the print out whatever info you give to bike reg is printed on the form. there is no " oh crap I left my licence at home , in the car, wife has it, lions ate it andf Idont remember the licence number." situations at the reg table.
The people at regestration are usually swamped and most likely do not do this as a porfession. Therefor there is a huge margin for human error.
I would recommend that you pre reg for the series If you are a contender then it is actually to your advantage and info has less of an oppurtunity to get screwed up. take out as many variables as possible between regestration and posting. ( personally I am in favor of eletronic scoring for amature racing)
also not for nothing but if you are an expert or veteran sport racer you should have the system down by now. Experts must have a licence and can't use a one day (technically). seasoned sports have been doing this long enough to get it figured out.
Thats just my .02$

Back
Top Bottom