6 Mile Run Conditions

Not exactly what I said. Red still had a LOT of wet spots when I was there yesterday. White was primo. Orange was primo. Didn't get to ride all of Blue. Most of the park is good but the bad spots are BAD and people are tearing them up.

What I do is STOP, get off my bike, and walk around these spots. Tread lightly. Don't widen puddles. The "ride straight through" ethos doesn't always work because of SixMile's soil.

All that said, be aware that South Middlebush Road is now CLOSED around the bridge that they are replacing and it is causing one hell of a major CLUSTERF%&K of traffic all over the area.

Not exactly what I said. Red still had a LOT of wet spots when I was there yesterday. White was primo. Orange was primo. Didn't get to ride all of Blue. Most of the park is good but the bad spots are BAD and people are tearing them up.

What I do is STOP, get off my bike, and walk around these spots. Tread lightly. Don't widen puddles. The "ride straight through" ethos doesn't always work because of SixMile's soil.

All that said, be aware that South Middlebush Road is now CLOSED around the bridge that they are replacing and it is causing one hell of a major CLUSTERF%&K of traffic all over the area.

Correct, I should have elaborated a bit more. My apologies.

It's actually dusty in parts now. It's really weird, this spring /summer has been crazy with the weather. There are spots that are total loose dustbowl and then there is standing water in other spots. Tomorrow's gonna be the day to get it. Rain is gonna hit Saturday morning according to the weather.

I only rode from canal to the red orange split and back. Tonight was 98%. Same spots that normally wet are wet. Don't make it worse. Walk around!

Was wierd merging into traffic on canal. Traffic from the SMB closure has everything goofed up. Be extra careful coming out of red.

Rode this morning. Conditions improve daily. Drying out. Still some problem areas. Crossing S. Middlebush is easy when construction is not ongoing. No traffic! Look out for the construction vehicles if you're riding between 8am and 5pm.

Rain forecast keeps changing. No rain today. Rain tomorrow. Get it before the rain.

Thanks @jdog for trimming up Blue. Loved being able to cross our kids at Middlebush with no traffic!

IMG_20170630_102818_091.jpg

Trail was perfect, half a mile in anyway, first log I somehow burped my back tire and lost 90% of my sealant. Dirt was that perfect mixture of wet enough not to be dust, dry enough not to make ruts. Bummed me so I came home and started drinking as I re-sealed my tire, afraid it's supposed to rain tomorrow and go back to mud. Did see the trifecta of stupidity today; rider with headphones, flip flops, and no helmet. Being new at this, that's a first for me.

Shit.... is it raining there now??
Was gonna bring the boy down first thing in the morning. Radar shows a quick moving storm right now.
@GHM73 @fidodie @jdog

Thoughts on tomorrow morning around 8 or so??

Did almost 4 miles with the young'n this morning from Canal Lot. Crowded as usual. There were a few puddles, we gingerly walked around a few. Wouldn't have been good to hit a few at speed if I had been on my own.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions