6 Mile Run Conditions

RobD

IMG_6528.JPG
Conditions were damp and humid but mostly hero dirt. Had to avoid a few puddles (a few were last minute hops because of my speed) the roots and logs were a bit sketchy in the beginning because everything was so damp. Overall I put in a hard fast 8 miles and found most of the trails very grippy. My tires say it all.

Blip01

Started off around 8:30 this morning. A bunch of small puddles, things were slippery overall, especially the roots. Only had time for 11 miles, but did get a bunch of PRs.

Attachments

• 20170701_101204.jpg
    20170701_101204.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 126

J-Dro

Forget Sunday 7/2. A solid hour of heavy rain around 6-7pm tonight will make it soft and muddy all day tomorrow. Seek out better draining alternatives.

kidzach

Stayed away today thanks to J-Dro 's report. (I'm sure it was packed anyway). Mahlon Dickerson which drains very well was in good shape. How does Six Mile look for Independence Day ?

RobD

Allaire trails are not gated nor is the hospital rd lot at the trail head. The historic village and camp grounds are a different story. I was at 6mile on Saturday morning and the trails and lots there are not gated as well. Both lots were just about full when I arrived and were packed when I left.

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
Six mile isn't on the list of parks closed, maybe it's not considered a state park? I checked a few websites and didn't see it so I'm assuming it's open.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
Canal lot is closed - saw horses blocking the lot entrance. It looks like some folks are parking in the Blackwell's Mills Day Use area lot.

I assume there won't be an issue at the 27 lot since it's for the soccer club, but I haven't checked that side.

Dave02

Canal and Jacques lots are closed, but 27 is open. Yellow tape across trail at 27, but disnt cross so i cant report that the trails are great, except a few isolated large puddles. Didn't see about a dozen other riders not riding too. ;)

Deamon59

Canal and Jacques lots are closed, but 27 is open. Yellow tape across trail at 27, but disnt cross so i cant report that the trails are great, except a few isolated large puddles. Didn't see about a dozen other riders not riding too. ;)

i honestly don't understand the practical difference between riding when it's "open" vs "closed" in this situation.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
Saw a group of 7 early this morning. Figure it was some of you knuckleheads since it was so darn early. Also saw a group of 4 - only 3 helmets though. *smh*

Conditions were excellent - some of the big mud holes were still muddy, but most of the trails were dry and fast.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions