6 Mile Run Conditions

No action is w/o reaction.

Riding wet/muddy trails does in fact jeopardize trail access.

Trust me.

Not to mention that's it's just not much fun riding in slop or cleaning your bike afterwards.

If you're over that way just hit the canal to get the legs going.

-Jim.

Was out today. Was still very muddy. Took my 11 yr old son out today for his first ride. Did great. Did 7 1/2 miles. Didn't fall once till we hit the road. Go figure lol.

I'm not giving anyone grief here so please don't feel the need to start an endless diatribe of holier-than-thou and/or apologetic banter...

that said - I have set out towards 6mile hoping for suitable riding conditions after inclement weather many a times and sometimes it works out... but if conditions are muddy I don't ride!... I leave so that I can preserve the trails... if people don't want to leave because of the hard work put in by others or because you just know it's the right thing to do then leave for selfish reasons... leave because you don't want to ride in shitty rutty trails...

this just annoys the hell out of me and I haven't spent 5 minutes of trail maintenance anywhere ever! (I know, I know) If I had I'd be livid so imagine how those who have actually do feel...

again, not directed at anyone... just sayin...

that is all...

Was still very muddy.

based on my experience with the place, now that its getting colder, its going to take days before the place dries out after any rain. in the summer the turn-around for wet to dry is surprisingly quick, but now that temps are warm and the sun is getting less direct, the place will need more time to dry.

I'm not giving anyone grief here so please don't feel the need to start an endless diatribe of holier-than-thou and/or apologetic banter...

that said - I have set out towards 6mile hoping for suitable riding conditions after inclement weather many a times and sometimes it works out... but if conditions are muddy I don't ride!... I leave so that I can preserve the trails... if people don't want to leave because of the hard work put in by others or because you just know it's the right thing to do then leave for selfish reasons... leave because you don't want to ride in shitty rutty trails...

this just annoys the hell out of me and I haven't spent 5 minutes of trail maintenance anywhere ever! (I know, I know) If I had I'd be livid so imagine how those who have actually do feel...

again, not directed at anyone... just sayin...

that is all...

:popcorn:

One thing i learned about 6mile, if it rains, it takes days if not more, to be ride able. The guys and gals that put in so much time in this park, and trust me they do. Is really saying we really do not care about the hard work you do, whatever me first.

But people will do what they will do, and that is why no one can cry about it when it comes time to. The trails are a mess. With the wettest summer on record.There are other places that dry out a lot faster then 6mile. IMO :D

this just annoys the hell out of me and I haven't spent 5 minutes of trail maintenance anywhere ever!

I summons you to three hours tamper duty. :)

based on my experience with the place, now that its getting colder, its going to take days before the place dries out after any rain. in the summer the turn-around for wet to dry is surprisingly quick, but now that temps are warm and the sun is getting less direct, the place will need more time to dry.

Tue to this...

The combination of colder temps, less direct sun, and the fact that the trees aren't drawing water from the ground like they do in the summer makes for slow recovery from wet conditions. A single mature tree can pull a few hundred gallons a day from the soil in the summer. That isn't happening this time of year, regardless of how warm the day is. All the plant life that drinks like mad all summer is getting ready to sleep for the winter.

Rode yesterday! great conditions! there has been some much needed mowing around the boardwalk!

rode the canal side today. it was in very good shape. a few muddy spots (i.e., some little dips that havent dried yet) but otherwise 99% of the canal side if good, very good.

Rode yesterday! great conditions! there has been some much needed mowing around the boardwalk!

That's good to hear. Last time I was out I only had 6"-12" of clear boards to ride on parts of it. Does anyone know if the new bridge at Blackwells Mills is still on a slant or has it been leveled?

That's good to hear. Last time I was out I only had 6"-12" of clear boards to ride on parts of it. Does anyone know if the new bridge at Blackwells Mills is still on a slant or has it been leveled?

its a burm bridge......i think if enough of us got together for a ride we could level it.

The bridge will be replaced at some point. For now ride around on the road.

The conditions this am were super.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions