6 Mile Run Conditions

That is what I thought...looks like it will be a while for it to dry out.

Thanks for the update!

Yeah bro its really muddy was there just a couple of hours ago the first section of twisties is good for the most part coming from the 27 lot but starts getting muddy after the first bridge not ready to ride I would say aleast a week of no rain and it will be good to go.:hmmm:

I took a newbie around Canal loop yesterday (he wore his helmet, and had a blast)...conditions were overall pretty good, with a few puddles / mud in the typical spots. Just ride through them.

I didnt ride 27 - SMB though, so I cant speak for that part...

I was out running the saw for a few hours on the Canal side today.

There are some slick spots but I would say after today that it is good to go.

Bring a small folding hand saw as the face slappers are in full effect.

j

I was out running the saw for a few hours on the Canal side today.

There are some slick spots but I would say after today that it is good to go.

Bring a small folding hand saw as the face slappers are in full effect.

j

I forgot to mention that a lot of the down trees were already taken care of. it was cool to see that the down trees didnt go to waste, as a few new log piles have sprung up.

And the newish section at the end of the field with the hill with the rollers and berms are friggin awesome...

There were 2 down trees on canal side from what i remember...

1 in the twisty section before the first field...

1 more by that consistantly wet section before the big spruce run bridge.

Were these the ones chopped today?

Thanks, J

I was out there today. I rode the canal side.

There are some muddy spots on Blue but it was much better than I expected. White was in good shape with only a mud patch or two. There is a bridge near Blackwells Mills road that has a nice lean to it. Red from Canal Rd. was good all the way to South Middlebush Rd. I started Red on the 27 side from Middlebush and about .35 miles in is a huge downed tree. It must be about 3 ft or 4 ft high. I crossed that and continued a little further to somewhere before the concrete bridge where it got way too muddy...so I went back.

It was quite good to get back out on the trails again I must say.

Oh yeah...I met a 2 guys on out there, one with a brand new Salsa El Mariachi. I think the other was riding a Trek. I thought I would be the only one with an El Mar at Six Mile...oh well. Good talking to you guys!!!

I was out there today. I rode the canal side.

There are some muddy spots on Blue but it was much better than I expected. White was in good shape with only a mud patch or two. There is a bridge near Blackwells Mills road that has a nice lean to it. Red from Canal Rd. was good all the way to South Middlebush Rd. I started Red on the 27 side from Middlebush and about .35 miles in is a huge downed tree. It must be about 3 ft or 4 ft high. I crossed that and continued a little further to somewhere before the concrete bridge where it got way too muddy...so I went back.

It was quite good to get back out on the trails again I must say.

Oh yeah...I met a 2 guys on out there, one with a brand new Salsa El Mariachi. I think the other was riding a Trek. I thought I would be the only one with an El Mar at Six Mile...oh well. Good talking to you guys!!!

same here good talking to you too enjoy the salsa and yes I was riding a trek

From 27 to the cement bridge I thought the roots were a pain in the neck.I flew off the bike once going uphill hitting a root, landed on my feet (thats a first) with the bike handle bars still in my hands.On the way back the rain came in. The trails became wet very fast.The roots seemed like they were covered with that slip and slide material,they were slick.I'm almost back when I come to the place with my fogged up glasses I had my last crash back in April.Its a quick downhill lots of roots a drop off to the right.I slow down and dammit I crash again and roll down the hill.Mud, blood and sticker bushes.This really SUCKS.I won't be riding here untill its bone dry.

From 27 to the cement bridge I thought the roots were a pain in the neck.I flew off the bike once going uphill hitting a root, landed on my feet (thats a first) with the bike handle bars still in my hands.On the way back the rain came in. The trails became wet very fast.The roots seemed like they were covered with that slip and slide material,they were slick.I'm almost back when I come to the place with my fogged up glasses I had my last crash back in April.Its a quick downhill lots of roots a drop off to the right.I slow down and dammit I crash again and roll down the hill.Mud, blood and sticker bushes.This really SUCKS.I won't be riding here untill its bone dry.

I don't know - sounds like a normal mountain bike ride to me haha!

Wuz there today from 27 to the concrete bridge & back & I should say that it couldn't get any better than it is now. Forecast is for rain the rest of the week so I guess this will not be good for the trails. Hit it while there's still time.
BTW, is hunting allowed in 6MR? I ran into a couple of guys all dressed up for a hunt with bow & arrows (I think) near the 27 parking lot.:hmmm:

I rode the whole loop yesterday... conditions were good but there is a tree blocking the path after the first set of pines... other than that have at it...

Wuz there today from 27 to the concrete bridge & back & I should say that it couldn't get any better than it is now. Forecast is for rain the rest of the week so I guess this will not be good for the trails. Hit it while there's still time.
BTW, is hunting allowed in 6MR? I ran into a couple of guys all dressed up for a hunt with bow & arrows (I think) near the 27 parking lot.:hmmm:

Yes. Hunting is allowed there. Not sure what the boundries are tho. I think there was a map of the areas on this site somewhere.

Yes it is. Bow only though. See PDF

http://www.dandrcanal.com/pdf/6MileRun_HuntingMap.pdf

Bow hunting only is allowed. I could have sworn they were only able to do it by the white trail / jacques ln, but definetly don't quote me on that.

I have also seen hunters with a wheelbarrow stacked with deer admiring their handworks at the log pile at the beginning of the red trail last year. I made a point to tell them good job, and invite myself for dinner, even though I would never touch that meat. Just so they have a good experience with a MTB'er...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions