6 Mile Run Conditions

Just a heads up..

There is a very good chance that I will run a TM on Monday since it is a holiday.

Morning hours likely. I need to do a full survey 1st.

Just a heads up..

There is a very good chance that I will run a TM on Monday since it is a holiday.

Morning hours likely. I need to do a full survey 1st.

well please keep me posted if you do with a time and will be there to leand a hand

Just got back from doing Jacques>red>canal rd>blue>red>Jacques. Things there look much worse than my trip from the 27 lot the other day. Didn't get a chance to check out White due to some technical problems with my bike. Overall, any part near the canal looks like a war zone. Luckily, most of the board walks, bridges, and log rides are fine except the bridge near Blackwells Mills got thrown out of place.
photo-7.jpg

The colors in the picture were not altered. The dirt left on all the leaves just makes for some pretty wild contrast.
photo-8.jpg

Last edited:
Just got back from doing Jacques>red>canal rd>blue>red>Jacques. Things there look much worse than my trip from the 27 lot the other day. Didn't get a chance to check out White due to some technical problems with my bike. Overall, any part near the canal looks like a war zone. Luckily, most of the board walks, bridges, and log rides are fine except the bridge near Blackwells Mills got thrown out of place.
photo-7.jpg

The colors in the picture were not altered. The dirt left on all the leaves just makes for some pretty wild contrast.
photo-8.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Tonight I cut out the fallen trees at S.Middlebush and on the White trail.

I haven't done a full loop yet to see where else there are downed trees.

Where are the worst of them??

The blow out bridge was built by the park guys. We have plans for much more solid bridge in that spot in the near future. The new one will be built like the one we put in this spring on the 27 side.

The blow out bridge was built by the park guys. We have plans for much more solid bridge in that spot in the near future. The new one will be built like the one we put in this spring on the 27 side.

I'd say Blue, coming from canal. I think it was the portion where you reenter the woods after the first set of boardwalks.

Then again, I didn't see any of Red from the concrete bridge > red/blue split on the S Middlebush side.

I scouted Canal side conditions today:

Starting from Canal road (blue), theres a few trees down after the skinny logs, and right after those 2 concurrent log overs (after the deer protection pen).

Theres a large tree down after the little switchbacks and before that somewhat off camber quick up hill, before the spruce run bridge, and before that little bridge before that.

The little skinny old bridge thats after the field section, but before the new flowy section before the long boardwalk is gone. In fact, i think i may have seen it down stream to the right, but could very well be some other bridge over that water that was decommissioned. not sure. its also pretty muddy right before the new flowy section, but that was expected i guess...

White trail on the other hand is completely TT able...1 face slapper that i couldnt get down...

i hope these are understandable...the locations make sense in my head at least... :cool:

Just got back. I'm amazed how dry it was - hardly anything soft at all. If not for all the trees down I'd say conditions are perfect. Be warned there is a tree down before you come to the power lines as you ride from the 27 side lot. People have made a go around and there is a bees nest in that tree. My friends got stung multiple times.

Just got back. I'm amazed how dry it was - hardly anything soft at all. If not for all the trees down I'd say conditions are perfect. Be warned there is a tree down before you come to the power lines as you ride from the 27 side lot. People have made a go around and there is a bees nest in that tree. My friends got stung multiple times.

I did too when I was on my way back to the 27 lot. Sorry I couldn't keep pace with you speed demons. LOL

Saturday morning I saw someone had cut through the tree near Middlebush on Red headed back towards 27, there was minor trail reroute also - guessing that was your work. There is another tree in a little further in just before that old rickety bridge. The bridge is now washed out. The tree was a mess and we hacked through the light stuff so you can at least climb over. I cleared some smaller trees so there is nothing else until you get to the concrete bridge. The swampy area (still heading on Red towards rt 27) is a mess but passable, some of the boards are washed away. Concrete bridge is fine. Shortly after the concrete bridge there is a big blown down tree with the roots out. This will be a tough one since the root ball is almost on the trail it it may need a new trail around it. Just before the new bridge there was another couple of larger trunks across the trail with vines and stuff on them. I couldnt move them but they should be able to be cut with a small saw to clear the way. After the bridge I took the red around the twisties (rode Orange on outbound and it had no downed trees that I remember) and there was only one small tree which I cleared out the small stuff and left the trunk at ground level so it's easily hopped over.

Lastly is the monster tree photographed above. Just a warning to folks - climb over it, dont try to walk around it on the uphill side since my dog went up there and found a yellow jacket nest!

I didnt get to the Red/White combo towards the canal. Took blue almost to Blackwells Mills. There was the small bridge coming off single track back to one of the fields and that bridge is gone altogether leaving a muddy ditch.

Let me know if you are going out tomorrow morning to do more cleanup and I'll be there.

Last edited:
So the question is..

Are there more trees down on the 27 side or the Canal Rd side??

I am hoping for a later afternoon meeting time. I will post up something in the AM.

Sorry for the last minute post time.

Yes well there are a few big trees down on the 27 side before S. Middlebush rd. But keep me posted on a time for tomorrow.

So the question is..

Are there more trees down on the 27 side or the Canal Rd side??

I am hoping for a later afternoon meeting time. I will post up something in the AM.

Sorry for the last minute post time.
Including the monster tree close to rt 27 there are six that are unridable on the 27 side.

Anyone got a count on the blue or white?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions