2018 H2H Race Series

It would have been nice if they extended reg until tomorrow morning, whats the point of registering today at 5 when in the morning there's a good chance it going to get cancelled. Right now the grass is covered but they're saying the really hard snow is suppose to start around 1-2pm. I'm still not sure if I'm going to register or wait until day of race, I'll see what it looks like closer to 5.

Do they close day of reg at any point? If I wait, I don’t want to drive down there just to be told it’s closed.

IMG_6027.PNG

If you want to race - register. If the conditions will allow having the race, then you will race. If it's cancelled, they said they will make the decision Thursday and issue refunds if necessary.

Yes but by extending it 12-18hrs there would be no need to issue refunds and from my understanding I don't think bikereg fee's get refunded, but I'm not positive on this maybe someone else knows for sure?

Yeah I think that you don't get a refund on the bikereg fee.
I also think that more people would register if it was extended until tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Yes but by extending it 12-18hrs there would be no need to issue refunds and from my understanding I don't think bikereg fee's get refunded, but I'm not positive on this maybe someone else knows for sure?
Agreed. BikeReg fees don't get refunded.

I realized this situation is unique due to the weather but from the promoters POV, the race is on Saturday & to do all the racer paperwork in 2 days is mighty task. And based on last year’s numbers & with no HOH competing there is/was the potential for a huge amount of racers, so you have to understand why they had a Wednesday cut off day and they haven't adjusted it. And 12-18 Hrs may not seem like a lot to ask, but that's easy to say when we don't have to do the work. And while it may be more work to issue refunds, they will be no time constraints to get it done.

I'll add, with no date to reschedule to, they will lose money if it’s canceled. And that’s not even talking about all time & effort put in to make this happen. So let’s cut them some slack if we are a little inconvenienced by the cut off time because the last thing we need is another promoter walking away.

So.... 2 hours left to registration, any more clarity if the race is a go or not?
No. No more clarity from the last time they posted that there will be clarity on Thursday after the storm passes and they have a chance to assess the course.
Hope that clears up some questions on clarity. :p

I get that the organizers are making a decision today. Anyone know how much snow was dropped in Medford. If anything like Hunterdon County, I guess, the race will be canceled.

Back
Top Bottom