2018 H2H Race Series

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks @moose35 , your wife took some good shots. I like the contrast between how we look doing warm up vrs. racing.
I like this shot of me chasing @Kirt on 2nd lap of lower Short Track.
Mooch Madness H2H 2018 451.jpg

choop

Thanks @moose35 for all the pics. They are really awesome.

The boy had a great time cheering for everyone on the switchbacks with Zoe. They were so loud that on the second lap I used them as my alarm that I was almost done. I just needed to make it to where I could begin to hear them and I knew it wasn't too much more to ride. I was hoping he blew out his voice for the car ride home, but no such luck. ;)

open

thegock

Couple of thoughts on Mooch this weekend.

Great course by MTBNJ.com. It had the tech, the flow (not as much) and the verticality of the best of the Rock Garden State. It seemed a bit sanitized at times and places, but not as much after the second lap. @Norm said that they didn’t take anything out, doe.

Terrific job by the whole MTBNJ team to make it a smooth experience from registration to results. The team members are the most welcoming and friendly high level athletes in this solar system. TY, volunteers. Good signage, good parking, good food after.

My principal contribution to the success of the race was to stumble out of Portajohn #1 at 7:48am and tell @capedoc Capers (rhymes with papers…) to fill up the empty rolls. Close second was perfecting my extremely polite “move off the trail entirely and tell the overtaking racer which side to pass me on” technique throughout the 3:00 of trail time I could hang on for. @averdun Alan Verdun looked very fluid flying by me on the gravel above the lake before the switchbacks.

My predicted finish of 13th in the 45+ Endurance was off by only one place as @fidodie made me suffer right off the bat. Apparently, breaking three ribs and taking some weeks off, while working 60 hour weeks doesn’t compensate for gaining 14 lbs. Highlight of the race was the Pit of Despair after lap 2 when @xc62701, the alpha rider for the team whose colors I rock, asked me if I was racing and @jimvreeland asked me if I wanted a New York Times. My pit speed was heckleascious.

After 3 laps my arms hurt and I had just started to cramp (it’s a bike race-half the guys out here are cramping). The arms worried me more for a fourth Ice Cream Sandwich so I quit. 15 miles with two left off of Strava, cuz I am not smart enough to turn the Garmin on. Much climbing. My plan to race myself into shape is working to humiliating perfection.

I noticed in the results that the Chimney Rock game traveled well, as usual. @AL., @Glenn rides after 4:30cst, @Kirt, @pooriggy, @jShort, etc.

Thanks again,
logo.png

scotth

I should also point out that Wildcat Wednesday produced a Cat 1 winner. This proves that riding Wildcat makes you a better and faster rider. *

^ @sarcaro

* let's ignore the fact that I ride Wildcat all the time and am still quite slow.
Wildcat makes winners?! I need to get back up there.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I should also point out that Wildcat Wednesday produced a Cat 1 winner. This proves that riding Wildcat makes you a better and faster rider. *

^ @sarcaro

* let's ignore the fact that I ride Wildcat all the time and am still quite slow.
awe shucks @JimN ...you make me blush
AND YOU ARE FAST

Top Bottom