Stan's Race sealant...no bueno?

UserError.gif

@pearl when you do your year end awards please include this thread as a candidate for worst of the year.

Remember when you had a glossary of terms? I think we should add "sticking your dick in the mashed potatoes". Meaning, someone goes apeshit and you're just forced to lock up the thread.

This thread needs someone to stick their dick in the mashed potatoes.

Sorry guys, I guess I was spoiled not having to check my sealant in the past. This was just a quick observation when switching tires. I guess the description on the bottle leads you to believe it csn be used long term but the phone rep gave me the real time frame. I really never even comprehended a one race sealant that costs $40/bottle. I'm sure it's justified to some, ibwas just expecting something different. Shame on @David Taylor

Just applied Stan's to my tubeless (Tufo Cubus) that had a small cut and pinhole stream of air coming out. Inflated about halfway overnight and it seems to be holding. Just pumped it up good. If it holds I need to decide whether to race it it just run clinchers (MXPs) on Sun. Should I trust it to hold up. Luckily I can test drive it on Sat.

Should I trust it to hold up. Luckily I can test drive it on Sat.
If I know where the hole is, I will try to plug or patch it...then have the stans as a back up. If its just a pin hole, the fluid should work fine. Generally I try to only rely on the fluid to get me through a ride where I might have popped a tire...Plugs and patches are a better permanent fix.

Sealant didn't last with increased pressure. I have a new tire, just no time to replace pre-race, so I guess I will ride clinchers.

Sealant didn't last with increased pressure. I have a new tire, just no time to replace pre-race, so I guess I will ride clinchers.

Come on Jeff!!! If you have time to put on a clincher you have time to pop on the tubeless tire!

Anyone have some input on Stans vs. Orange seal? Only ever used Stans but supposedly the Orange stuff is better. Time to replace sealant in the wheels so I'm looking to switch it up for giggles. Thanks.

Anyone have some input on Stans vs. Orange seal? Only ever used Stans but supposedly the Orange stuff is better. Time to replace sealant in the wheels so I'm looking to switch it up for giggles. Thanks.

Discussed a little bit on page one.

I'm retired but I told anyone that would listen to switch to Orange Seal. I rode the 'less than puncture resistant' Racing Ralphs exclusively and Orange Seal was the only thing that would work for me. I've tried Cafe Latex and Stans (old and new formulas). Stans was the standard but after 2 punctures in 2 rides spewing out Stans, I threw some Orange Seal in and I was sold. Even if they all sealed up the same, the OS dries the cleanest with zero clumps.

Results may vary but IME OS > Stans > CL

Back
Top Bottom