Is this reasonable tech? RV/Cush connector

From the phone booth climb up & over to go to Cushetunk. At the top, right before it is about to shoot straight down the hill again, there is an old forgotten trail that runs along the top of the ridge. This connects to the "normal" trail that brings you up & over from Cushetunk-to-RV or vice versa.
Oh yeah! I noticed that a few months ago. Rode it from RV to Cush, came to a T, made a right and popped out on blue. I think I cleaned everything on that ridge trail? I dont remember. It's got a lot of potential.

Is that the boulder field before the rock steps that look unrideable but really are? If it's where I think you're talking about, a few well placed rocks to fill a couple of the wheel eating crevices would make it less sketchy(I probably still couldn't clean it but others will be able to).

before there. those are all after the peak, where the fire pit is located.

@Patrick, can you place this spot in relationship to what you're talking about? Is if close? Been a while since I've been up there...

1557079968625.png

@Patrick, can you place this spot in relationship to what you're talking about? Is if close? Been a while since I've been up there...

View attachment 94689

this is the section where we mapped the trees down after Sandy. Between the saddle and the high point where the fire pit is.
it is no longer blazed red.

We rode the old connector before it was moved off the ridge on this ride https://www.strava.com/activities/44528174
but in the wrong direction.

This ride in 2014 has me on both connector trails, and taking a jeep road down - https://www.strava.com/activities/138239844

Is that the boulder field before the rock steps that look unrideable but really are? If it's where I think you're talking about, a few well placed rocks to fill a couple of the wheel eating crevices would make it less sketchy(I probably still couldn't clean it but others will be able to).
I've seen a few clean that pile, just not me. I usually start on the RV side so turn around before getting there

So did we ride this thing Pat is talking about? It’s the normal yellow trail isn’t it?

No. At the top of the crazy climb (coming from the Cush lot) you make a left instead on dropping down into RV proper.

I went alittle bit into it once but wasn't sure where it went so I turned back.

I've seen a few clean that pile, just not me. I usually start on the RV side so turn around before getting there

if i can, you can......

and @jklett - like Dave said, you get deeper into it each time. suddenly, the line appears and ya just ride it.
I think @Victor I rode it well too.

if i can, you can......

and @jklett - like Dave said, you get deeper into it each time. suddenly, the line appears and ya just ride it.
I think @Victor I rode it well too.
Thanks Pat. I find the tech to be reasonable at RV. I did not attempt the awkward log over at the top but may give it a try once I get a dropper post. What I find impressive is how all of you in this thread climb up from the lot(or clear the climbs in general there). I found myself hiking at times but at least got my steps in for the day?. Everyone has their own talent. Also the northern parks that I ride have more switchbacks and technical features. RV is basically a series of brutal climbs in every direction.

you didn't get to ride the powerline switchbacks!
which are a brutal climb with switchbacks.
Oh. Sounds like more punishment. Scary bunch of riders down your way. That involves too much fitness. Think I’ll stick with Ringwood where I get most of the climbs out of the way in the first half hour.

So after reading all of this I am not sure if this should be on my list of places to check out or on my list of NO FUCKING WAY!

two sure ways of losing riding partners.
1. Take them to RV
2. Take them to Sourlands

The Sourlands may never dry again, so......

1. Take them to RV

so thats why you keep trying to get me back to RV . . . . hmmm it all makes sense now ;)

So after reading all of this I am not sure if this should be on my list of places to check out or on my list of NO FUCKING WAY!
When every other trail in NJ is too wet, RV is good to go...so there is that.
If you want to get in shape, train for a race, or just beat the shit our of yourself then RV trails serves a purpose. It is actually a beautiful place, the reservoir is magnificent, I paddle my kayak on its clear water, also RV has history a mature woodland and eagles(not the band or football team, but the birds).

1. Take them to RV

When every other trail in NJ is too wet, RV is good to go...so there is that.
If you want to get in shape, train for a race, or just beat the shit our of yourself then RV trails serves a purpose. It is actually a beautiful place, the reservoir is magnificent, I paddle my kayak on its clear water, also RV has history a mature woodland and eagles(not the band or football team, but the birds).

I am cool with a challenge but this has been built up in my mind to some sort of mythical land of punishment and penance.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions