Is this reasonable tech? RV/Cush connector

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Paging @stb222 @Mountain Bike Mike @woody @mbruno @JimN @Ryan.P
please tag some of the others that love the tech.

The connector trail from RV red/cushetunk to Cush/white has a serious bit of climbing tech in it.
30 minutes -> 39:30 for full connector on this ride

about 38 minutes into this ride, there is an uphill section that just turns to all rocks. Raw, not placed.

I need a few of the better people to get in there and decide if there needs to be a bail-out, or go-around,
or if i should learn how to ride more better.....i've never seen anyone make it through, but then i don't ride with
you all or Jairo, Manny, or Bill at etc.

as you might see on the map, the trail moved significantly from what is mapped because there was a question of
the edge of the RV property (there is a gun club on the other side of the ridge, so even if we could ride the ridge, it might
not be the best idea)

anyway - please tag other people to ride this. @Kirt went up with us, @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST and @Po123
were there too. a few others from OOS.

I love everything about this connector trail except the length of this tech. It is tough, but fair until there.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2342364481/

please get there at some point, and voice an opinion. I'll post some pictures.

Patrick

Staff member
Which direction did you ride it?

i walked it uphill. south to north.
i can usually get about 1/2 way in. today, not so much.

the cush white ridge rides way better from south to north - all that rock work is totally doable (i need to move a tree out of the way of the start
of the second section)

Patrick

Staff member
Is this a trick to get me to Round Valley?

may the 4th

1557019753815.png

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My vote is to leave it and play it as it lies. What do I get if I clean it, and can I cheat and use my fat bike?

Patrick

Staff member
My vote is to leave it and play it as it lies. What do I get if I clean it, and can I cheat and use my fat bike?

how many tries do you want?

video could mean internet fame.

You should give the impossible climb a try out of cush too. that is an exclusive group of two right now......if anyone can make it, you can.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You should give the impossible climb a try out of cush too.

I've tried and failed twice, but I don't think I tried it with fatty traction. I'll have to double check.

that is an exclusive group of two right now

Woody, Maurice, and Jeremy is three. Or does Jeremy not count since he started halfway up the climb?

how many tries do you want?

video could mean internet fame.

As many as it takes, but in the video, make it look like it's my first try.

Patrick

Staff member
Ya only need to start at the blue intersection -
I've never heard of the tale of sir jeremy?

1557020632296.png

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Just work it. Add ten feet every time you go and you’ll even eventually get it. That’s how I look at those pain in the ass sections. Where there’s a will there’s a way.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions