Is this reasonable tech? RV/Cush connector

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Every time I've done I always "enjoyed" it, the downhills at speed are pretty damn fun

For me that used to be the case but as the trails around the world get better and better, straight down, fall-line trails are less enjoyable than they used to be.

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
RV (at the state it is now) has it's place. I ride there semi-weekly because I can ride there from my front door, but don't go there for an easy/fun ride. It's a great park if you want to beat the hell out of yourself.

It would be awesome if improvements could be made to make the trails less hikey and more bikey.

w_b

I'm thinking of taking my kids for a hike there. We drove by, on our way to the Pequest Open House the other day, and they were inquiring about RV and Spruce Run.

I've never actually been to Spruce Run; lived here all my life.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I'm thinking of taking my kids for a hike there. We drove by, on our way to the Pequest Open House the other day, and they were inquiring about RV and Spruce Run.

I've never actually been to Spruce Run; lived here all my life.

Worth a visit. Bring a boat. And go EARLY. It gets packed when it’s warm and they shut it down after a certain number of visitors.

Reactions: w_b

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Taking a random poll. How many times have you ridden RV in the last, IDK, 2 years?

I haven't been in 2 years. BUT before we had this surge in trail building over the last 10-15 years RV was my Sunday goto for years. It was (is) hard as fudge and we thought it was great. I have always had the expectation of being challenged when I went there. If I wasn't wasted and bleeding at the end of the ride I would be disappointed. Now take that evaluated with how you view me as a rider; do you think I made it to this point by riding buffed out smooth single track.

I'm all for multiple routes. Have a go around. Please don't sanitize for the masses though.

Now I have to go back here.

THATmanMANNY

Back in the day I did go here just to go here. Zero times last two years but I can’t remember the last time either. Pretty much go here when there is not other option and for the peaceful scenery. I actually enjoy the mind numbing pain and not much to think trails to take just keep pedaling and the downhills are fun. I prefer starting boat launch when not during the summer time. It gives it variety but i’ve been told you’re not suppose to mtb on that part. Out and back as little or much as you want. If I lived closer I would ride more. I ran into a guy there one time and he rides RV like 4 times a week ?. He was also mainly a roadie looking for the hurting.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions