There may have been an assumption that family was riding bikes over the GWB, and so bikes were brought.
I've wanted to hit Cunningham for a while now but whenever I head out to Queens, usually the wife and kid are also in the car with me for whatever reason.
I gotta change this bad habit one of these days....

Make goals for yourself and try parks which may be out of your comfort zone with others. November I have goal to finally figure out how to do a manual. Going to finish rebuilding a dirt jumper for that purpose.

I don't know many newbies who want to ride sharp rocks, slick roots and sketchy climbs. I've always preferred the rocky stuff myself, slick roots not so much. In time you'll gravitate to what works for you. You may never like rocks, but that's ok

in the immortal words of Skills with Phil, I was a dum dum today
Finally got out during a lunch break at work to practice manuals, watched a few vids from Phil then headed to a service area to give it a go.
After a few minutes of that frustrating dance of bouncing the front wheel, I figured to give it a go and loop out at worst.
Pulled backwards with the hips and sat with weight over the rear tire, then bam, I hit the ground.
Apparently I looped out, with feet on the flats, landed straight on my back and elbow. Afterwards, see the helmet got bashed in the back.

Wish was only my pride which got bruised, but beat up my elbow pretty good, and still have some ringing in my ears. Worse it seems to have jarred a nerve in my neck. That's not good since I'm got a few herniated and budging C2-C6.

I'm going to need rest this weekend, see you guys next week

I think I'll put in some roadie miles this weekend.
Haven't touched the roadie in about 2 months now.

in the immortal words of Skills with Phil, I was a dum dum today
Finally got out during a lunch break at work to practice manuals, watched a few vids from Phil then headed to a service area to give it a go.
After a few minutes of that frustrating dance of bouncing the front wheel, I figured to give it a go and loop out at worst.
Pulled backwards with the hips and sat with weight over the rear tire, then bam, I hit the ground.
Apparently I looped out, with feet on the flats, landed straight on my back and elbow. Afterwards, see the helmet got bashed in the back.

Wish was only my pride which got bruised, but beat up my elbow pretty good, and still have some ringing in my ears. Worse it seems to have jarred a nerve in my neck. That's not good since I'm got a few herniated and budging C2-C6.

I'm going to need rest this weekend, see you guys next week
Not good get well soon !

Looking to ride tomorrow morning.. Might try out HM for the first time or stick to my old stomping grounds...anyone care to join?

Looking to ride tomorrow morning.. Might try out HM for the first time or stick to my old stomping grounds...anyone care to join?
If you like slow paced, plenty of rest type of ride, I can show you around HM a bit.
8AM at college lot (red trail head) sound ok to you?

BTW... Can I call you Whale Farts until Norm changes your SN? :D

If you like slow paced, plenty of rest type of ride, I can show you around HM a bit.
8AM at college lot (red trail head) sound ok to you?

BTW... Can I call you Whale Farts until Norm changes your SN? :D

Sounds good but can you meet @ 9am?

Nassau love again
Just 90mins but good for the soul
IMG_20171124_083946_1.jpg

IMG_20171124_090041.jpg

IMG_20171124_093702.jpg

Anyone for 6 mile Friday afternoon- Saturday or Sunday ?

Hi GreenMachine,

I'm new to MTBNJ forums. Just wondering if you are still thinking about 6 Mile Run this weekend? I've never been there. I'm not a total beginner (probably intermediate?) but always looking to ride with good people.

Howard

Hi C8N,

Thanks for the link for trail conditions. I looked up conditions after posting. I'll assume the conditions have not changed much since Wednesday so I'll assume no one is riding there. I'll stick to Allaire tomorrow ;-)

Thanks!
Howard
If you like 6mr, give Nassau a try, the place has great flow also. Allaire's great also, but it's an hour plus for me

If you like 6mr, give Nassau a try, the place has great flow also. Allaire's great also, but it's an hour plus for me
Thanks Qclabrat,

Nassau might be a little far for me also, at least for tomorrow that is. Allaire is in my backyard. Ok, not literally (I don't have a yard) but it is close by. ;-) I ride with a group that recently rode the Columbia trail; good to know that Nassau is nearby!

Back
Top Bottom