6 Mile Run Conditions

HenryK

I'm getting ready to head to bed and I see the couple responses to my post and all I can think "sorry HenryK, I know all you wanted to know were the conditions at 6 Mile today, just like me"

LOL,

I was cautiously optimistic someone might have given it a "good to go" at the time. As far as the geological analysis etc, it's all good.

Tonggi

Thats why this thread exists. to ask for trail conditions.

Its funny how people react. People are being pro-active to find out conditions but people respond asking why you would even think of riding it this time of the year. That is the point of this thread.

Good enough we are asking, imagine the many other people out there who don't. I have friends on facebook who post pictures of ride at 6MR in PURE mud. It takes a lot in me to not say anything.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I actually had "hikers" snicker and call out to me, "What!? Are you affraid to get dirty!?" while I was walking my bike around mud at 6MR earlier this year. They were completely baffled when I replied that I was trying to not wreck the trail. A lot of people just don't "get it" and even more so a lot of people just don't care.

rick81721

Lothar
No. It was a guy I won't name. But they don't learn. Who is Rachel?

I know a big group of Roadies going tmw. I told them to try another spot but they are going.

You don't know my beloved Rachel??

Tomorrow will be bad. I went for a run this afternoon on Patriots path in Chester and even that was muddy in spots

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
The photos I saw yesterday were heartbreaking.

If your bike comes back with 40 lbs of mud on it, you are doing trail damage.

Deep ruts take a ton of work to fix by hand and they often freeze solid if we get a hard freeze. These ruts hold water after a rain and change the trail’s ability to shed future rain.

I know that many people don’t understand the concept of staying off these trails when muddy, but it all starts with you.

The park staff is not impressed with the misuse of these trails and it hasn’t gone unnoticed.

I say this all the time, but it needs repeating: Trail access here is not a right. It is a privilege. Many people spend thousands of volunteer hours making 6mr what it is today.

Tell your friends and anyone who might listen that riding muddy trails is bad for the trails and bad for our sport.

02camaro

The photos I saw yesterday were heartbreaking.

If your bike comes back with 40 lbs of mud on it, you are doing trail damage.

Deep ruts take a ton of work to fix by hand and they often freeze solid if we get a hard freeze. These ruts hold water after a rain and change the trail’s ability to shed future rain.

I know that many people don’t understand the concept of staying off these trails when muddy, but it all starts with you.

The park staff is not impressed with the misuse of these trails and it hasn’t gone unnoticed.

I say this all the time, but it needs repeating: Trail access here is not a right. It is a privilege. Many people spend thousands of volunteer hours making 6mr what it is today.

Tell your friends and anyone who might listen that riding muddy trails is bad for the trails and bad for our sport.
saw your comment on the 6mr facebook page, that guy was a real knucklehead. hard to believe he is that dense, i want to hope hes just commenting to ruffle feathers.

Molasses

I didn’t see any pictures but I can only imagine... so so sorry to hear this JDog. I did in fact ride today but I went to Clayton- place was in great shape. There are other places to ride in NJ other than six mile that handle this time of year much better than six mile...

Bernard H

I didn’t see any pictures but I can only imagine... so so sorry to hear this JDog. I did in fact ride today but I went to Clayton- place was in great shape. There are other places to ride in NJ other than six mile that handle this time of year much better than six mile...

Where would you recommend? Central and north jersey preferably. Thanks!! (im new)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions