Turbo's Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year Dave's friend Tony moves up to CAT 1. He is a SS who climbs really well and has been getting fast, fast. Dave wants me to move up to pro but at 51, I ain't doing shit. These two are the future, I'll be chasing them soon.
It's your choice to move up. I only say that because why settle like mancuso did. Look at him now only 4 races in. I'll move up when I can because I want to grow. I don't want to settle for speed because of a class. 51 isn't shit if u still feel good. I'll be fourty in 3 weeks but only started racing 2 years ago. You and Jeremy will only get faster moving up too. I may switch jobs in the not too distance future and it will affect riding. I want to see where I can get to as long as I can dedicate the time. Tony @Riggedfmx will get better too. I think Iggy is still fitter than I am . He'd probably when them all if he didn't flat or burp tires so much...but it doesn't matter, it's all part of racing. In the end I was 5 sec away from a shot at a win...did I mention I broke my carbon seat in the race too? Weight weenie shit brags with this lard ass on top of it.

Leave me out of this shit
Sorry @jShort . Not telling you to move up but seeing the competitor you are I think it would only do you good. Just like Iggy though if you're happy just keep doing what makes you happy. I am happy now, but want to see some NUE results while I can. XC stuff will come in years to follow when I can't dedicate as much time.

Sorry @jShort . Not telling you to move up but seeing the competitor you are I think it would only do you good. Just like Iggy though if you're happy just keep doing what makes you happy. I am happy now, but want to see some NUE results while I can. XC stuff will come in years to follow when I can't dedicate as much time.

I'm just messing with you. I like the back and forth with you and Iggy though. I think he beat you because he's in your head.

Well, it's been a few weeks. I got pretty dehydrated, over worked etc before Stew45. Long story short I thought I was hydrated enough but ended up cramping super early, didn't really bonk per se but I burned too many matches and took a while to recover. My sidework during the week is welding and that week was super busy. 100 degrees and humid in long clothes was not my friend. On race day I don't think I peed from 8:30am until 6pm...I was ok with 6th place. Congrats to @Rigidnsingle , @Uzzi_SL and @Riggedfmx on great finishes.
Now I'm feeling great on the bike, diet is doing better and hydration is up. Slept great all week until last night. Two years olds screaming will keep even a grown man with ear plugs and a beauty mask up. Think I fell asleep around 12 and woke at 4:30. I leave with @Rigidnsingle and @Riggedfmx for Wilderness 101 (singlespeed). @xc62701 will be there too. I feel recovered, strong and fit...slightly over tired but I am running a deastically different gear than last year 32/17. My gearing mentality is changing and it seems to feel good. Anyways, I'd like to knock an hour of last year's finish time of 9:28....I think with colder temps it can happen.

Just hearing 32/17 on those climbs sounds painful as hell! Did you run the 18 last year? The first 3 hours I wouldn't mind the bigger gear, but after that...

Well, it's been a few weeks. I got pretty dehydrated, over worked etc before Stew45. Long story short I thought I was hydrated enough but ended up cramping super early, didn't really bonk per se but I burned too many matches and took a while to recover. My sidework during the week is welding and that week was super busy. 100 degrees and humid in long clothes was not my friend. On race day I don't think I peed from 8:30am until 6pm...I was ok with 6th place. Congrats to @Rigidnsingle , @Uzzi_SL and @Riggedfmx on great finishes.
Now I'm feeling great on the bike, diet is doing better and hydration is up. Slept great all week until last night. Two years olds screaming will keep even a grown man with ear plugs and a beauty mask up. Think I fell asleep around 12 and woke at 4:30. I leave with @Rigidnsingle and @Riggedfmx for Wilderness 101 (singlespeed). @xc62701 will be there too. I feel recovered, strong and fit...slightly over tired but I am running a deastically different gear than last year 32/17. My gearing mentality is changing and it seems to feel good. Anyways, I'd like to knock an hour of last year's finish time of 9:28....I think with colder temps it can happen.
Well done buddy!

Echoing what @pearl said. Can't imagine pushing that gear, for that distance, on those climbs. Especially Stillhouse Hollow Rd. at Mile 69. Have a great race and good luck. Looking forward to reading the race recap.

W101%20Profile%202017.png

i remember the first 35 miles being fine, but those climbs at 50/70 are going to STINGGG. hell, i got off and walked the stillhouse climb WITH GEARS, i think

I still have nightmares about that one from my 1st year of the 101. After that I somehow have gotten faster and faster up it. It really is a mindfreak climb.

Did it on Day 5 of TSEpic the last 2 years. Walked a little in '16, climbed the whole thing in '17. Used 32x42 and it sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom