Do you know who Chuck Berry was

Do you know who Chuck berry was?

• Yes... Johnny B Goode yo

Votes: 31 93.9%
  • No.... No particular place to go son

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
I came to defend Millennials. Or maybe just myself? 26 and know who Chuck Berry is. But I feel like most of the similarly aged people on here also know him because MTB = cultured and well-rounded youth...AMIRITE?

Team Millennials, help?

I came to defend Millennials. Or maybe just myself? 26 and know who Chuck Berry is. But I feel like most of the similarly aged people on here also know him because MTB = cultured and well-rounded youth...AMIRITE?

Team Millennials, help?
32 here, so I'm at the older end of the millennials. I know every reference in this thread so far. @UtahJoe, aren't you an engineer? That means your average coworker is oddly sheltered from general history. That said, I did just poll the 24 year old engineers behind me and they knew Chuck Berry.

32 here, so I'm at the older end of the millennials. I know every reference in this thread so far. @UtahJoe, aren't you an engineer? That means your average coworker is oddly sheltered from general history. That said, I did just poll the 24 year old engineers behind me and they knew Chuck Berry.

I'm also an engineer, so that's n+1 for the young nerd dataset.

I bet the coworkers know everything about "The Legend of Zelda" doe. :p

You guys know I'm just bust'n... right?;)

My in laws are big doo wop / 50's music people... Father in law asked if anyone heard that Chuck Berry died...we had this conversation on Saturday around the dinner table.. most of my kids knew from the Back to the Future reference..

Who remembers this, cause this would be what I was eating around the time Chuck Berry was played in my house. Personally, I prefer count Chocula

20C9D24F-54A7-483A-B6ED-64AE25C7DF37_zpstkxm0fhq.jpg

My in laws are big doo wop / 50's music people... Father in law asked if anyone heard that Chuck Berry died...we had this conversation on Saturday around the dinner table.. most of my kids knew from the Back to the Future reference..

Who remembers this, cause this would be what I was eating around the time Chuck Berry was played in my house. Personally, I prefer count Chocula

Hell Yes.. but I was/am a BooBerry man.

Also who else cut Tom Seaver out of the bottom of a Chocodiles box?

I bet the coworkers know everything about "The Legend of Zelda" doe.

This 'cross season, I left the UCI live broadcast tab open for CrossVegas for days before the race (I was so amped. Too amped). The night before the race, I happened to just flip over to the tab and saw that some wiseguy UCI production assistant had momentarily put this up on the live feed before turning it back off:
269b99d179dcf6ce3947be91a90ed427.jpg

Priceless.

Duh? Dat be me.

I work at an engineering firm (doesn't really make a difference, but I'm throwing in in there as part of the context of the thread). I'm part of a 4 person team, we're a support group not engineers. Ages are 41, 36 (me), 33, 32 and we're always making fun of the millennials. I cling to gen x as much as I can.

I gave an intern a stack of drawings to scan. First one he starts feeding in the wrong way, despite doing this a million times before. Glad I caught it before the whole stack was scanned. He also scanned a drawing with a transmittal stapled to the front of it. When I pointed this out he said "that doesn't matter"

Same intern was looking for work, so one of the guys on my team hands him drawings to scan. Intern says that's too much work, I don't want to do it.

Another millennial complained to a guy on my team after he busted his balls in front of a "subordinate".

We got a resume for an internship, the kid couldn't even be bothered to correctly word his major on his resume.

We have some empty offices on the floor. Most visitors from other offices put themselves in an empty cubicle for the day, but millennials take the office every time.

/rant. You can complain to me on AIM.

Gotta go with Booberry!

It cuts both ways ... I watched a little of one of those 8 million music award shows - can't recall which one it was - but the whole time it was on, some infant was name-dropping all these "artists" that were going to appear, and I swear I didn't recognize a single one of them. And then I'm also willing to bet that a lot of the people who would be surprised that some haven't heard of Chuck Berry have themselves never heard of Sibelius or Mahler or any other composer whose been dead or out of vogue forever.

I said "I don't feel tardy." at shift change yesterday. The few guys over 40 chuckled and the 6 millennials in the room stared at me like I had two heads. I know it's time to retire when my shift-change jokes don't land anymore.

Back
Top Bottom