Do you know who Chuck Berry was

Do you know who Chuck berry was?

• Yes... Johnny B Goode yo

Votes: 31 93.9%
  • No.... No particular place to go son

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Back to Chuck Barris. I mentioned this thread to a work buddy of mine and we got on the subject of the Gong Show. He asked me If I remembered seeing the Popsicle twins, which I did not. Considering my age at the time, I think I would have.

Warning: Adult content

Oh, I should add that it only aired on the east coast. Since it was a live show on the east coast they were able to block it for the rest of the country, so I'm told.

Matty this is a GREAT example of what im talking about.....Gong show is before my time, I never really watched it....but I am certainly aware of it.
yep, when talent shows were fun to watch before everyone started getting all serious and anal about whatever
I am old enough to remember the tail end of the show,
did Simon Cowell ever give props to Chuck? Cowell is no entertainment genius, just ripping off the founding fathers

Simon Cowell ever give props to Chuck? Cowell is no entertainment genius, just ripping off the founding fathers
I wouldn't call American Idol or any of these other talent shows a Gong Show ripoff. The gong show was a product of the 70's, when people wanted cheap laughs and attitudes were relaxed. It was on midday when no one was watching TV, so no one really cared what they did.
Chuck Barris was not looking for talent, he was more showcasing the wacky, bizarre and the deviant. If anything I'd say Howard Stern ripped Chuck Barris off.

I like this, but dude needs to up his game. Old cell phone + spare keys & empty wallet on the desk really seals the deal.
we caught a guy doing that cause the fella eventually got too lazy to get to work before their manager to move his stuff around.

yep, when talent shows were fun to watch before everyone started getting all serious and anal about whatever
I am old enough to remember the tail end of the show,
did Simon Cowell ever give props to Chuck? Cowell is no entertainment genius, just ripping off the founding fathers

Name that tune
Bowling for dollars
tic tac dough
the jokers wild
the wizard of odds

ugh...now there area apps for all these.

Back
Top Bottom