Your Vermont Top 15-ish Trails

It's only been open for like a month & change. The same guy who built Tunnel Ridge did this trail.
Lepesqueur & Daughters LLC are responsible for these newer trails. The newest trail is Swan Dive off of Bingo Road off rt.73 in Rochester. Heard good things, haven't hit it yet. Love the rock water crossings on Sherburner. Seems they are the major player/builder with the on going sections of the Velomont Trail. Although Sinuosity built the actual Sherburne trails on the other side of 100.

Off topic, but what is the best way to check trail conditions with all the rain they had? I'll be in Colchester, so will try to get to Perry and Saxon Hill. Weather looks ok so I'm think they may dry out by mid next week...

Off topic, but what is the best way to check trail conditions with all the rain they had? I'll be in Colchester, so will try to get to Perry and Saxon Hill. Weather looks ok so I'm think they may dry out by mid next week...
VMBA website has region updates. Also Instagram and Facebook...some trail systems have their own pages and updating currently

Trailforks is updated every morning pretty much across the state. Pretty sure it’s a VMBA effort but not certain. Just pick Trail style > status.

Perry Hill has just 1 closed which is better than when we were there last week:

IMG_7199.jpeg

Saxon Hill is all orange today which is basically almost closed:

IMG_7200.jpeg

Reactions: don
Thanks, I wasn't sure how accurate TF was, will check again next week.

It’s probably not super accurate today but some of the state is having a 100 year flood. When we were looking to ride Adam’s last week it was red when I went to bed and yellow when I woke up. We rode it and it was almost perfect.

I’d add
Haulaplooza or Kimmers (Adams Camp) for a mix of features and fun downhill.

An easy but fast ride:
Flying squirrel (Blueberry Lake)

Finishing on Revolution towards Flatbread is as good as it gets.

Revolution (Camels Hump State Park)

Glad to see nobody choose Jaw (Kingdom). It is a fun trail, but a bit overrated.

Keep me in the loop for this , I could really use a thunder killington weekend with good weather

Will do. Probably Killington & Stratton or maybe Bolton. But probably Stratton because of the drive.

A little more obscure but the Knight Ide built flow trail (Hillfarmer into Highbridge) in Little River State Park is lots of fun...

A little more obscure but the Knight Ide built flow trail (Hillfarmer into Highbridge) in Little River State Park is lots of fun...

We met a former VMBA board member at Perry Hill that told us to check out Little River. I assume there’s more there than TF says?

We met a former VMBA board member at Perry Hill that told us to check out Little River. I assume there’s more there than TF says?
Yes, but nothing else stands out. Little River is a great camp spot to hit all the goods in the Waterbury/Stowe area...Hillfarmer is just for bonus time when back at camp.

Yes, but nothing else stands out. Little River is a great camp spot to hit all the goods in the Waterbury/Stowe area...Hillfarmer is just for bonus time when back at camp.
For sure. In '21 @KenS, myself and another dude hit Slate Valley on the drive up to Little River. Cady Hill/Stowe/von Trapp day 2, Mad River Valley day 3, Sleepy Hollow Day 4. I had to hit the road and they stayed to hit Cochrans and Chamberlain Day 5. They took the long way back to NJ via Green Woodlands in NH and Rockland Preserve in CT.

They took the long way back to NJ via Green Woodlands in NH and Rockland Preserve in CT.

2 excellent trail systems. I wonder where he got those suggestions from.

Talk to me about Cochrans. I have been told 2 times in 2 years by the locals to go there.

Back
Top Bottom