Your Vermont Top 15-ish Trails

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Dominique and I were discussing this last night, and I thought it would be a good topic of discussion. It might drive some people to ride places they might not otherwise ride. And I hope I learn a thing or 2 about places I have not ridden.

Let's say the goal is to identify the top 15 trails in Vermont. To do that, you need to name some of the best trails per park.

Here's a list I came up with. The casual observer will note these are all downhill trails, 1 way or another. I am thinking of these as I mentally go from southwest VT to northeast VT.

• Gettysberm (Dorset)
  • Wait! What? (Dorset)
  • Lower Birdie (Slate Valley)
  • Milk Run (Pine Hill)
  • Upper & Lower Halfpipe (Pine Hill)
  • Step It Up (Killingtom)
  • Krusty (Killington)
  • Sherburner (Sherberne)
  • Cloud Drop (Mount Peg)
  • Tunnel Ridge (Rochester)
  • Old Gents (Rochester)
  • S'mores (Perry Hill)
  • Disneyland (Perry Hill)
  • Upper & Lower Flo (Cady Hill)
  • Bear (Cady Hill)
  • Shredder to Kimmer's (Adams Camp)
  • Sidewinder (Kingdom)
  • Emma's Sanctuary (Kingdom)
  • Heaven's Bench-Ridge-Rim (Kingdom)
  • Martha's Pines (Kingdom)
  • Kitchel (Kingdom)
  • Shonter Shuffle (Kingdom)
  • Black Bear (Kingdom)
  • Stormin' Norman (Kingdom)
  • Merlin (Burke Bike Park)

Other notes:
  • I have been to Stratton and they had some good runs, but I cannot remember if any would make this list.
  • Nothing at Ascutney makes this list for me. I have not done the new flow trails which were built in the last 2 years
  • I have not been to Green Mountain in a long time so I don't remember that well enough
  • Nothing at Sugarbush makes this list either
  • Troll Stroll and Pines are 2 of my favorite trails ever. RIP good buddies
Please don't post just to crap on someone else's favorite trail. I know it's hot out. But if you feel that urge, dump some ice down your pants.

So, tell me what you've done in Vermont that should be on this list...

Last edited:
All my favorites are already on your list, so I have nothing of substance to add.

Subscribing... I haven't been to any but will be up there next week. Looks like I'll be about 45min from Perry Hill

Great list, thanks for compiling.

I'd add Cable Trail at Killington and Hunker Down at Slate Valley.

Oh snap, 2 I have not ridden.

We started Hunker Down when we were up there in early June. Then Mark and I decided it was a bit much for the audience and pulled the plug after that first drop/roll.

I know nothing of Cable. We are planning a DH weekend up there this summer. I'll have to check that out!

I also added bear in Cady Hill to this. Probably more of an honorable mention but it's a great trail I forgot.

Reactions: don
For some reason Millstone get no love here. They have a few great trails, Upper Sidewinder and sidewinder as well as rollercoaster, and locomotion.

Green Mount Trails-Fusters and Noodles revenge.

I'd add halfpipe, shimmer and Stegosaurus to the pine hill list. I know shimmer is short, but for some reason, I love that trail.

I'll have to check out several of the places you mentioned, I've only been to a few of them, i didn't know that half of those even existed.

+1 on cable, although, I do the ride arounds.

Hopefully they didn't all get washed out in the last few days.

Despite breaking my ass on it, id add Serenity and Adrenaline at Adams camp...that was a pretty neat trail.

Every trail on the "fun side" of millstone...angry gnome, vortex, etc so long as they are dry.

I could do the full black bear from the pavilion over and over and over until I collapsed

For some reason Millstone get no love here.

I have never been there. We intended to go while up there last week, but it rained every day, or was wet from the previous rain. Not a good place to ride when wet, I am told.

Halfpipe is on my list. It's upper & lower on my list.

Green Mountain - Fusters is a trail we rode. I know there was something good there. That might be it!

I have never been there. We intended to go while up there last week, but it rained every day, or was wet from the previous rain. Not a good place to ride when wet, I am told.

That place would not be good wet, it has some spots with standing water when it hasn't rained in forever.
Halfpipe is on my list. It's upper & lower on my list.
missed that, nobody ever called me the sharpest spoon in the drawer
Green Mountain - Fusters is a trail we rode. I know there was something good there. That might be it!
It's a good one, I really like GMT. Man, I've only been up to Vermont in the last few years with my family. I have to put together another mountain biking trip. The place just has a great vibe.

Where is this? Is it across 100 from gifford woods? I need to check it out.
It's part of Gifford woods
sherburner.jpg

Back
Top Bottom