wissahickon SP.

liong71er

helloo!
what a day and surprise.i didn't now at all there was a marathon race on the day i step down from the train that haul me from clifton it's perfect and gorgeous day for all kind of outdoor activities,awesome!
as i wondering what is up with the crowd from the distance(i'm standing at the end of fairmount ave overlooking the museum of art where "rocky" movies took place)ah,..it's a marathon race what an coincidence then i stay awhile watching all those runners croos the finish line some smiling others grinding to eased the pain some walking with leg cramps then i saw a young men lyng in the street acompanyng with his female friends,screaming that beyonds your ear capacity can bear.cops, emergency crews,volunters,folks come from all over the globes and street corner became one " the crowdies"..

"the crowdies"
DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

and i happen to witnes award ceremony as i'm just spend about half hrs there taking pics and recording.and the winner is...
DSC_0042.jpg

john crews,from virginia(the guy in blue jacket)read about him here:
http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/philadelphia-marathon-2009-results-pics-video-philly-2523106.html

and yes i congrats him after that :D a very cool guy!

sorry,.now back to topics!

so after spending my marathon experience.i'm back on my sadel and pedal away from those "crowdies" into the "woodies trails where i belong".
well,.the trails and trails user are similiar just like when i left it few years ago nothing changed much tho.
except me,.i notice i'm not stronger as i used to be few years ago
those hills are not friendly with me or my SS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjEqVr_rGu4
"sorry,.no music in the background coz i'm dumb,don't know how to add music into it"

and the files;
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/19486305

DSC_0061.jpg

"love,i'm at love"

i then riding back via fairmount park trails that runs along the river side all the way down to the heart of philies.
i loves this city as much as i love trails in jersey.
it's really a nice city this city so full of life and activity peoples are seem to enjoying their life the fullest.(well,isn't what we suppose to do,enjoying our lives while we can?)

ps: pls pardon my english skill,ok!

Last edited:
Pa

See, the Yankees win the world series, and you get the best philly has to offer outside the Cheese Steaks.

Did they ask you for a park pass to MTB Wissahickon? I was thinking about going this week end after turkey day, except I am not into forking over the 20 bux when I only mtb there once every other year.

Thanks for sharing your ride with us !

Awesome!

Riding to and from seems like it would be right up your alley Liong, and would be at least half off road as well. Paulinskill trail to PA, down to Easton and onto the Delaware canal trail south to Bristol(though I always got off it further north), then work your way into Philly. I think the Canal trail goes past pennypack park as well....

See, the Yankees win the world series, and you get the best philly has to offer outside the Cheese Steaks.

Did they ask you for a park pass to MTB Wissahickon? I was thinking about going this week end after turkey day, except I am not into forking over the 20 bux when I only mtb there once every other year.

Thanks for sharing your ride with us !
nope,although i did buy the permit online fews day ago i haven't got them yet!

Awesome!

Riding to and from seems like it would be right up your alley Liong, and would be at least half off road as well. Paulinskill trail to PA, down to Easton and onto the Delaware canal trail south to Bristol(though I always got off it further north), then work your way into Philly. I think the Canal trail goes past pennypack park as well....

thanks, for the input sean!
yeah, i like to try that someday by different route.

Liong,

That looks like you had a great day! That area by the art museum, river drive and wissahickon park on a nice Sunday really is awesome!

Liong or Freeride, if you're interested I have an extra park permit that you're more than welcome to... on the application I put down that I would ride pennypack and wissahickon and they sent me 2 permits and 2 maps:)

Back
Top Bottom