Winter Brew Thread

The Kalmyk

Ok fellas...What should we be looking for? With old man winter around the corner, what brew will make us feel nice and warm this winter? I'll start it off...

Anderson Valley Winter Solstice

Glancing Aft

It doesn't have a clever winter name, and it's not even a winter brew, but there is only one beer I grab when the snow is falling,

IMG_2097.jpg

Other than that, Mad Elf

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
just picked up a six of never summer ale from boulder brewing.

I saw that Saturday and wondered how it was. How was it?

For me, winter means the big Russian Imperial Stouts. I love Brooklyn Chocolate Stout and Victory Storm King. Porters are also ok, but to me Porter is like a Stout, just not as good.

The winter specific spiced stuff is not something I care for.

VanDbtRiver

I saw that Saturday and wondered how it was. How was it?

For me, winter means the big Russian Imperial Stouts. I love Brooklyn Chocolate Stout and Victory Storm King. Porters are also ok, but to me Porter is like a Stout, just not as good.

The winter specific spiced stuff is not something I care for.

nice , gonna say burgundy in color, sweet yet hoppy. worth a try

G

Greenman

One of my favorite winter time brew.

Weyerbacher Old Heathen

dhsean

Had a Murphy's can after the last DH race of the season. I was celebrating winning the NY State DH Championship at Plattekill so it tasted like the best beer ever. :D

Shaggz

A strong 7
I'm drinking a River Horse Belgian Frostbite right now. Pretty darn good.

Is Mad Elf really $15 per 6 :scared:

Last edited:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
my winter selection usually turns toward ales. smuttynose old brown dog ale or rogue dead guy.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I tend to drink ales in the summer. Tall people are weird (except for the MTBNJ Twin Towers!)
Technically speaking, the beers you mentioned are ales. The yeast strain is what differentiates an ale from a lager. Ales, top fermenting and warmer ferm. temps. Lagers, bottom fermentation and colder temps.

Wobbegong

I'm working on a six of Victory Hop Whallop, hoppy as can be. Has a minty scent to it. Deliciously strong hop flavor.

dhsean

I'm working on a six of Victory Hop Whallop, hoppy as can be. Has a minty scent to it. Deliciously strong hop flavor.

Aaaaah Victory Hop Devil. I went with Weyenbacher Winter Ale tonight for dinner. Who needs food when you have beer. :D

Top Bottom