Winter Brew Thread

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
My haul tonight....

Victory Golden Monkey....kicks ass! (Thanks Fred) (might not be truly winter :hmmm:)
Mad Elf ($13.99 @ Bottle King)
Saranac Winter Pack:
12_beers-1.jpg

Saranac Vanilla Stout
Saranac India Brown Ale
Saranac Bohemian Pilsener
Saranac Extra Special Bitter
Saranac Season's Best...Very Good.
Saranac Belgian Ale

bozizle

St Bernardus

St Bernardus Christmas was very good....if you haven't tried any of the St Bernardus beers before they are ALL wonderful

mtnbiker5

winterbrew

Weyerbacher is the best for me. Incredibly good ales. Picked up the Winter Brew(cant think of the name now) but its fantastic.

dhsean

Just got a variety pack tonight for some exploration. This one is quite nifty. It's solar powered.

Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale by Anderson Valley Brewing Company.

I would post a picture but I'm drunk and green. Take that Prius owners. :D

The Kalmyk

Just got a variety pack tonight for some exploration. This one is quite nifty. It's solar powered.

Good Choice...Great Minds Drink Alike:D...Oh that another brewers motto

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I always try to lay in a few cases of Harpoon Winter Warmer when it comes out. On tap; Sam Adams winter is damned tasty.

ArmyOfNone

I am not a fan of the sam adams winter ale. its light (for my taste) and not enough bite or spice. I cant quite put my finger on it. I just dont care for it. :confused:

VanDbtRiver

where does one find an anderson valley variety pack?

Yummmmy!!!!!!

A tribute to the famous Quentin Tarantino movie, this beer is full of flavors for a brown ale. With flavors of chocolate, roasted malt, nuts, coffee, and liquorice this beer is another amazing addition to the Mikkeller family, and as always there is an appropriate amount of hops added to give it that perfect balance

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 6
R

Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)

Winter Beers Weekend #1

Friday:
Sierra Nevad Celebration Ale. Real good but had too many in a short period of time late at night. Felt it on Saturday.

Saturday:
Harpoon Winter WarmerL Good winter ale.

Sunday:
Full Moon. meh, nothing special.

Weekend #2 is coming quickly and I'll have to get to Wegmans to get the selection process started early.

Drank a Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout last night. Real good.

R

Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)

Storm King

Fantastic beer, one of my favorites.

Victory Storm King stout and Dale's Pale Ale for me tonight.

Very Good. I like all of the Victory brews, especially Hop Devil. Storm King would have been and should have been the choice today as we got the tree out and watched the lake effect cover us in white snow and ice. Sloppy storm. I kept with the winter brew/seasonal theme an dreached for Gull Moon.

I have not tried Dale's yet but heard good things.

mmmmmmmmmmmbeer.

mwlikesbikes

Rouge Ales

Just had a Rouge Santa's Private reserve. Tasty stuff!
The description on the bottle is "reddish-copper in color with a roasty malt flavor and a hoppy, sprucey finish" I would say it lives up to that. (I'll have to take their word for it on the sprucey part) I like, I can't wait to get to the other five!:D

bozizle

Yellow Snow

Just had a Rouge Santa's Private reserve. Tasty stuff!
The description on the bottle is "reddish-copper in color with a roasty malt flavor and a hoppy, sprucey finish" I would say it lives up to that. (I'll have to take their word for it on the sprucey part) I like, I can't wait to get to the other five!:D

Tried the Rogue Yellow Snow IPA for a second time now it it's a solid ale...not overly hoppy but a nice regular ale I would call a "session" beer.

Top Bottom