Winter Brew Thread

Has anyone seen the Seirra Nevada Celebration Ale yet (this year)? Should be available soon, if not already. Oh my is that good stuff. High alcohol content ale is dangerous. :D

Winter Beer

Troegs Trogenator
Victory Golden Monkey
Weyerbacher Merry Monks
Victory Storm King
Mad Elf
Flying Dog K-9 Winter Ale
Captain Lawrence Nor' Easter Winter Warmer
Ramstein Winter wheat (local)
Lagunitas Olde GnarlyWine
Rogue Santas Reserve

Technically speaking, the beers you mentioned are ales. The yeast strain is what differentiates an ale from a lager. Ales, top fermenting and warmer ferm. temps. Lagers, bottom fermentation and colder temps.

Which ones are you referring to? My winter options are the 2 stouts. The other ones were just mentioned due to thread drift (shocking, I know).

In response to Clarkenstein's beer choices, you said that said that you tend to drink ales in the summer, and that tall people are weird.

All stouts and porters are ales, but not all ales are porters and stouts. So technically, you are drinking ales in the winter :). Agreed that the tall and the short are weird. Power to the average.

yep - all beer is ale or lager.

weird.

that's an odd word if you say it a few times.

weird. weird. weird.

it doesn't look like it should sound.

weirder than fiction.

weird.

Hop Devil is great. Try the Hop Whallop. Good stuff.

I just had a Victory Hop Whallop. Friggin YUMMY!!!!! It hit me with the first taste with the hoppiness it's got. I'm gonna open another right now:)

Just picked up a 6 of Denver Pale Ale too. It's got mt. bikes on it so it must be good, yes? I'll try it tomorrow, I got a feeling it can't compare to the whallop.

I just had a Victory Hop Whallop. Friggin YUMMY!!!!! It hit me with the first taste with the hoppiness it's got. I'm gonna open another right now:)

Just picked up a 6 of Denver Pale Ale too. It's got mt. bikes on it so it must be good, yes? I'll try it tomorrow, I got a feeling it can't compare to the whallop.

Hey Mike, I got the Denver Pale Ale from the store on 18 the other night. I really liked it, I mean, I REALLY liked it.

This is funny. It's like drinking on the internet. Maybe someday we should all get together in the real world and have a Winterfest party. :)

Guys i stopped at rattle snack ranch every friday after work and they have samadams winter lager on tap it is so frickin tasty!

This is funny. It's like drinking on the internet. Maybe someday we should all get together in the real world and have a Winterfest party. :)

Nah, I'm much more sociable over the net, and you guys won't be able to punch me in the face

But that is what guys night out is about. We all get drunk and punch each other in the face. It's a bonding experience. :D

Has anyone seen the Seirra Nevada Celebration Ale yet (this year)? Should be available soon, if not already. Oh my is that good stuff. High alcohol content ale is dangerous. :D

I wait all year for this beer and then cry when it's no longer available. It's amazing. The only beer i found that's similar and available all year is "Dale's Pale Ale". It's in a can but don't let that fool you. It's delicious and potent.

Founders Backwoods Bastard Ale

I saw some new Founders offerings and took a suggestion from my friend for this new winter release. It's a dark ale aged in oak barrels and is 10%. The stuff was amazing and I will be picking up more soon. I have been really impressed with Founders offerings since they started distributing in NJ

I almost had that in my hand last night, but that was 'miney' and 'mo' was Victory Hop Devil. Now, that's a beer you know you're drinking and could quite possibly be chewing. It's bitter and full of flavor still somehow smooth. It even warms the tummy on the first sip. Not my typical sort of beverage yet strangely appealing. So I asked my S.O. to take a sip and tell me what he thought. He said basically the same thing, that he doesn't like a hoppy beer and it was bitter and then with a smirk, he walked off the rest of the bottle saying, "I'll take care of this for you."
Like I was having any trouble....

I almost had that in my hand last night, but that was 'miney' and 'mo' was Victory Hop Devil. Now, that's a beer you know you're drinking and could quite possibly be chewing. It's bitter and full of flavor still somehow smooth. It even warms the tummy on the first sip. Not my typical sort of beverage yet strangely appealing. So I asked my S.O. to take a sip and tell me what he thought. He said basically the same thing, that he doesn't like a hoppy beer and it was bitter and then with a smirk, he walked off the rest of the bottle saying, "I'll take care of this for you."
Like I was having any trouble....

Victory is good stuff. I like the Hop Whallop the best.

I saw some new Founders offerings and took a suggestion from my friend for this new winter release. It's a dark ale aged in oak barrels and is 10%. The stuff was amazing and I will be picking up more soon. I have been really impressed with Founders offerings since they started distributing in NJ

Yup good stuff

Founders Curmudgeon Old Ale

I tried the other new Founders winter release last night and this stuff is amazing...if you enjoy Ales this is a great beer but pricey.

Back
Top Bottom