Who are you?

I'll be in that race with you! It is a very flat, very fast, sandy course. One steep punchy climb and some downward stairs. They were thinking about letting people stay overnight in the Scout Camp Bunks and pre-ride the course last year. Hope they make that happen!

Sounds good! I like punchy climbs. Happy to touch base before or after the race.

I legit thought you have been riding for 5 years total.
I built and rode mtbs mostly on the street or some local scrap trails from when I was 12 or so through 19. Off and on mtb trails from 08-12, then started riding Hartshorne in 14, raced in 15 and on. I’ve only been any sort of competitive in mtb for 5 years.

The lines I will not cross are those things I wouldn't want people to mess with me. I know my limits are different from others but if someone takes it somewhere I'll go there too, and as long as someone reciprocates the jokes I assume things are good on their end. I won't ever report someone aside for norm and pat(for fun) but I will pm or opening call you out on the forum. I hope people will do the same for me so I can correct corse.

I think @serviceguy is the only one who doesn't reciprocate my jackassery but I believe that's part of his angle. IMSORRRRRRRYYYYLEEEEOOOOOOOOO

I don't know @stb222 but I think he wants me to hit him with my shopping cart on a random trail, don't think my laziness will stop me from bringing a shoprite shopping cart to a trail.

You've met me in person I'm pretty tame and just like to laugh with other people, you just get to examine the things I write online versus not getting to process what I say in person.

Met Maxine in person. She’s a cool chick.

Keep on keeping on my girl!

Ever been hit with a pea shooter? That’s your reference should @stb222 ever hit you. ??

And that's how this thread ended....

Blame Subaru's ad campaign in the 90s

In the 1990s, Subaru’s unique selling point was that the company increasingly made all-wheel drive standard on all its cars. When the company’s marketers went searching for people willing to pay a premium for all-wheel drive, they identified four core groups who were responsible for half of the company’s American sales: teachers and educators, health-care professionals, IT professionals, and outdoorsy types.

Then they discovered a fifth: lesbians. “When we did the research, we found pockets of the country like Northampton, Massachusetts, and Portland, Oregon, where the head of the household would be a single person—and often a woman,” says Tim Bennett, who was the company’s director of advertising at the time. When marketers talked to these customers, they realized these women buying Subarus were lesbian.

I'm an IT professional with a Subaru I dub the Lesbro Mobile.

Anyway...

Experience: 1 year on actual trails - started up this year back in April. I rode a Trek 4500 with road tires on road from 05-08, but that doesn't count.
Fitness: beginner (even though I'm a runner)
Mtb skills: beginner. I can't bunny hop consistently or wheelie/manual at all. When I try to pump on a trail I find I do the opposite of what I should be doing. I'm an uncoordinated mess.
Fear factor: I ride the brakes a lot when I'm unsure of myself (which is all the time) but loosen up pretty quickly. I'm also not doing anything too crazy.

Back
Top Bottom