Whew!

NickDavid

It's gorgeous outside today. Just got back in from a great ride. Today I did something I've been wanting to do since I started riding, I climbed Skyline Drive from Ringwood into Oakland. Felt great to come over the top and hit 44mph going down :)

Anyone else have a great ride today?

Shaggz

A strong 7
that is great. i saw someone doing that a couple of weeks ago, and wondered what kind of lunatic would do something like that. now i know.

D

DANSPANK

Mtb is still in the shop so I went for a road ride around Clifton, Montclair, Upper Montclair, Eagle Roack, West Orange, and Little Falls. There are some incredible houses in Upper Montclair and around Eagle Rock. Huge and stunning with fantastic views of the city.

It was also my first time in Eagle Rock reservation. The viewing area has a vast scenic overlook that must be simply stunning on a less murky day.

The roads around Upper Montclair are just great. Some short, steep climbs, relatively traffic free, smooth-ish roads and loads of trees.

Came within 20 feet of a couple of deer too. They just watched me grunt by and carried on chewing on stuff. Great day!

walter

Fourth Party
Great job norm, in honor of your 85 miler, I myself did 25 on the roadie. I tried driving to Hartshorne to do some time on the 29er, but between the traffic, lack of parking there, and the issues at home, I turned around, came home and went on an balls out, angry, road ride. Did more than I thought and was pretty happy with the ride.

Again, great job.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great job norm, in honor of your 85 miler, I myself did 25 on the roadie. I tried driving to Hartshorne to do some time on the 29er, but between the traffic, lack of parking there, and the issues at home, I turned around, came home and went on an balls out, angry, road ride. Did more than I thought and was pretty happy with the ride.

Again, great job.

Sweet, that's certainly one of the big advantages of the road, not having to do the whole song & dance of getting ready. Good to hear you're enjoying the road bike.

That's one hell of a big loop.

I bet you guys must have hauled ass when you were riding on 287.:hmmm:

Funny, it does look like it. Only very slightly less insane is route 202/206, which is what we were on actually at that point. We were into the stiffest headwind of the day by then, going downhill at about 14. I went out of my way to add The Hills into the loop because I wanted to see how one last big mommma hill would feel. Not nearly as bad as I thought but the cars in that development were downright obnoxious. I remain convinced that The Hills are populated with Pod People.

DD-

It's gorgeous outside today. Just got back in from a great ride. Today I did something I've been wanting to do since I started riding, I climbed Skyline Drive from Ringwood into Oakland. Felt great to come over the top and hit 44mph going down :)

Anyone else have a great ride today?

Sounds like you had a good time - perfect day for a ride yesterday.

Yeasterday was a "Girl's Ride", we did a 33 mile loop - KVSP to Shades of Death Road and back. First time on the road bike for a month, due to the long recovery time of a dislocated shoulder. It felt great to be back on the bike - Thanks mom, JoAnne and Laura for accomodating my slower pace :D.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
That looks fun.I really need to figure out my cockpit ergos on the RB.These rides would be awesome but after a couple hours I just hurt.It's frustrating cause fitness wise it's pretty easy but my bike feels like sitting in a metal folding chair.Today is my first large group road ride w/ the shop and it should be quite the learning experience.............

ArmyOfNone

i went to a wedding, drank beer, ate food, drank some more and then ate some chinese food.

i have been looking at my bike tho....

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I rode 30 miles on the road...

Built 9 bikes

Bled 4 Disc brakes..

Installed 2 forks.

Did one complete frame swap.

Serviced one fork

And that was before 4 pm..

On my day off...............

j

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I rode 30 miles on the road...

Built 9 bikes

Bled 4 Disc brakes..

Installed 2 forks.

Did one complete frame swap.

Serviced one fork

And that was before 4 pm..

On my day off...............

j
Lifestyles of the not-so-rich and somewhat famous.

I wanted to ride with you today, dammit.

I'll be out for my annual End of School Year 6 Mile Bash next week.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Lifestyles of the not-so-rich and somewhat famous.

I wanted to ride with you today, dammit.

I'll be out for my annual End of School Year 6 Mile Bash next week.

I think I worked 90 hours this week..

Is that possible??

j:drooling:

Top Bottom