Wheelbase and Head Angle

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Yes what Patrick said and also seat angle slightly steeper , bb slightly lower . Reach is a wash I believe because lowering the front increases it but the angle and sometimes added stack shortens it . Somewhere on the internet there's a calculator that gives you all the info by plugging in your stock geometry then changing head angle , fork length etc it calculates what new geometry numbers would be
Unless I'm missing something obvious, the OP did say increase the angle by 1°, right? If that's the case then wouldn't the steer angle be less slack and more steep therefore raise the front? That would in turn shorten the wheelbase, increase the BB height and slacken the ST angle, no?

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unless I'm missing something obvious, the OP did say increase the angle by 1°, right? If that's the case then wouldn't the steer angle be less slack and more steep therefore raise the front? That would in turn shorten the wheelbase, increase the BB height and slacken the ST angle, no?
Probably but why would anyone want to do that to a bike lol 😆

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Probably but why would anyone want to do that to a bike lol 😆
That's a question for the OP but I suspect if you want to ride more XC than the bike is designed for and you want quicker steering response then this can be one of the things you can do.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
That's a question for the OP but I suspect if you want to ride more XC than the bike is designed for and you want quicker steering response then this can be one of the things you can do.
Exactly what I want to do. 😐

Top Bottom