Wheel builder that you would recommend :: south or central NJ

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
your making your case weaker, if your going to use geographic terms to describe locations (and want it to be accurate) you need to use geographic markers to do the division.
...instead of you're (you are) so yup, he's an engineer. LOL. Sorry, one of my pet peeves.

Back on topic, Jim built a wheelset for me so this is another positive feedback from an actual user. The second user of the wheelset who bought them from me loves them too.

JDurk

What is the OPs original question again?

1666268617562.png

tankhead

I’ve been registered since 2014. Not so much a newbie but I do appreciate all the humor in this thread. Before I started this thread I pm’d Jim about his location and my interest in having him do the build. No offense Jim, or maybe I misinterpreted your response, but you didn’t seem interested so that’s why I posted this thread after your response. I do appreciate your recommendations, along with the others, and will be looking into them in the near future. Thanks again.

I currently have brand new 70mm Alexrims blizzerks with 2022 DtSwiss 350 fat bike hubs. I’m looking to have them laced with DtSwiss black db spokes with pro lock nipples.

Pork roll forever

Last edited:

w_b

Came here to say Jim built me a wheelset and still porkrolling well. Wood recommend. Either central or north. Even south but ya gotta drive a lil.

JDurk

Steve @ caffeinated cyclist built up the wheels. Very nice. I just taped them up.
Turns out an old friend of mine works there. It was great running in to him. I haven’t seen Matt since 2004. Thanks for recommending them.
Awesome. Been a Caffeinated customer for about 10yrs now. All my service, several wheel builds and purchased 3 new bikes from Steve.

Pics of said wheels?

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
@QUOTE="tankhead, post: 1162584, member: 10145"]
I’ve been registered since 2014. Not so much a newbie but I do appreciate all the humor in this thread. Before I started this thread I pm’d Jim about his location and my interest in having him do the build. No offense Jim, or maybe I misinterpreted your response, but you didn’t seem interested so that’s why I posted this thread after your response. I do appreciate your recommendations, along with the others, and will be looking into them in the near future. Thanks again.

I currently have brand new 70mm Alexrims blizzerks with 2022 DtSwiss 350 fat bike hubs. I’m looking to have them laced with DtSwiss black db spokes with pro lock nipples.

Pork roll forever
[/QUOTE]
@jimvreeland would be happy to build your wheel for you. For him it's like us putting on our pants.

If you told him you'd like him to build a wheelset with some technology brought back from mars with spokes made of some grown lab in the Andies and some hubs not known to him, he might be excited.
He likes sweets. Someone here can point you in the right direction.

tankhead

Steve @ caffeinated cyclist built up the wheels. Very nice. I just taped them up.
Turns out an old friend of mine works there. It was great running in to him. I haven’t seen Matt since 2004. Thanks for recommending them.

Top Bottom