Whats your favorite painting?

What I should say was my granddad who worked the golden age of Disney, he was responsible for Dumbo, Prince and horse in snow white. Holds patent for the Pegasus horse symbol for Mobil and much more...

Do you have any drawing or illustrations of this work?

banksy-grenade.jpg

I went to Rome October of 2013 and that was awesome. Also snuck a pic or two in the Sistine Chapel, but everything in the Vatican was worth seeing. Can't say I have a favorite, but I do prefer old school to modern art. Probably something along the lines of Starry Night or Last Supper. They are pleasing to the eye for whatever amount of time.

Being an art major/teacher my list of favorite paintings is quite extensive. Here is one by Andrew Wyeth titled "Christina's World". Not sure exactly why, but I have always been drawn to this painting (especially when seeing it in person).

Agree great topic. Off the top of my head: Matisse, monet, Manet. Bridget Riley, vaserelly, vAn gogh, Rembrandt, turner, chuck close, Kandinsky

Basically Impressionism, post Impressionism
, abstract expressionism, op-art.

Being an art major/teacher my list of favorite paintings is quite extensive. Here is one by Andrew Wyeth titled "Christina's World". Not sure exactly why, but I have always been drawn to this painting (especially when seeing it in person).

there is a field at 6MR that reminds me of this - was mentioning how i loved that spot to AM last time we rode. Now i know where to associate it. the field was planted with wheat a bunch of years back - been corn the last couple. probably rotate again this year.

references are always popping up in movies/shows.

I didn't realize it was at MOMA - i've never been there. will take my son to see it over the holidays. thank you!

I didn't realize it was at MOMA - i've never been there. will take my son to see it over the holidays. thank you!

Go early in the day, like when they first open. Holiday season is packed with tourists.

bump for new blood
I thought it was a new thread and was going to post Birth of Venus again, glad I am consistent :)

The Chuck Close one in my post was broken, but I am sure it was this one:
I see to remember seeing it at the national gallery but it looks like this is from the Whitney. Note that this isn't a picture, it is a painting.
philip-glass.jpg

Paint as an art medium nowadays seems so obscure, if you've visited any of the modern or contemporary museums or galleries it becomes increasingly difficult for me to recognize what is art. An interesting observation I recently realized for me is that my taste in music has changed very little whereby mine for art is very different. When I was in school, over 20 years ago, one of my favorite painters was Gerhard Richter. Looking at his works today does nothing for me. Here's few pieces which I still really enjoy looking at:

I've never seen this in person, but most know this Rembrandt was stolen from a museum in Boston
the-storm-on-the-sea-of-galilee.jpg

Another stolen painting, but there a few variations of this Munch classic
800px-The_Scream.jpg

more recently I've been interested in modern Chinese artist like Wu Guanzhong, the price of Chinese art has skyrocketed in the last 2o years along with the economy
wu-guanzhong_pomegranate.jpg

my daughter introduced me to Mark Ryden, who's pieces quite fun, this is one from the Butcher Bunny series
butcher_bunny.jpg

Don't ask me why, but when I turned the corner and saw this in person, it looked really awesome. State art museum in NC.

2011_10.jpg

It's not my favorite but it's in the top 5. The image doesn't show how it's basically bedazzled. Rhinestones, acrylic paint, and oil enamel on wood panel

Huge too, 9x12feet. I couldn't find my favorites but I could dig through my personal museum pictures to find those.

Back
Top Bottom