Whats your favorite painting?

Kaleidopete

I don't know if anyone here ever heard of Joe Coleman, NYC artist. He does these incredible paintings, like this one of himself and his wife. I met him years ago and we wound up showing up at the same events and parties. We weren't friends though, just knew each other. He really impressed me though when he did a 30 second scribble of me at an event. It's not flattering at all, but I think he captured myself in an unusual way. Amazing what his eye can see and brain process and hand scribble to paper.

lovesong.jpg

me
coleman1.jpg

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I stumbled upon his work on the Asbury boardwalk... I am really enjoying his street art. @L7Matrix

tumblr_nz03j12Dzi1uhvzkjo1_1280.jpg

I used to chase street art. My favorite is Dasic Fernandez before he seemingly moved to Brooklyn.

serviceguy

Battaglia di San Romano, by Paolo Uccello. Painted around 1450 using egg / walnut oil colors on wood panels. The three paintings are now split between London national Gallery, Florence Uffizi and Paris Louvre. I saw the central panel as a kid and I was completely blown away by it. I was gutted by the other two panels being so far away from where I lived that I decided I would travel and see them when I could. It took me about 30 years but I managed to do so...

San_Romano_Battle_%28Paolo_Uccello%2C_London%29_01.jpg

Uccello_Battle_of_San_Romano_Uffizi.jpg

Paolo_Uccello_016.jpg

Top Bottom