What to do today?

ArmyOfNone

Its very rare that i get excited over a dreary rainy day. However, feeling as I do I am excited about the thougt of climbing into bed and sleeping most of the day away while its nice, dark and dreary. :D

what about yall?

this is all good as long as it clears up for the weekend. Which seems ify right now. :(

ArmyOfNone

Well i will be on the bike somewhere, with this weather I will probably be doing hill repeats at the Tourne.

its raining pretty hard over this way. Is it the same up there? If so, you still gonna ride? Im impressed.

that would not be my idea of fun

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i called in my personal floating holiday today. there either would have been nothing to do at work, or i would have been working out in wide open fields in this crap. gonna try and get some stuff done around the house today.

ArmyOfNone

i called in my personal floating holiday today. there either would have been nothing to do at work, or i would have been working out in wide open fields in this crap. gonna try and get some stuff done around the house today.

wooohooo for floating holidays!

D

DANSPANK

its raining pretty steady right now. I will go climb today no matter what. :)

Thropmeister - what kind of hill session do you do at Tourne. When I climbed both sides in one ride I considered it an achievement. To go and do those bastards a few times sounds like a good goal to me. What would elevate me to the Thropster Introductory Repetitive Tourne Hill Climb Session?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Brutal weather out there. Damn.

I did my trainer time this morning, 90 minutes of tempo. Same as any Thursday. Once it gets a little warmer I'll hit the road. Watched the pilot episode of Northern Exposure today. Then Mike & Mike on ESPN2, which was nothing but Duke lacrosse and Rutgers/Imus, neither of which of course has anything to do with sports.

There's part of me that loves these days though. I wouldn't be crazy enough to go out on the road bike but mtb, sure, why not. The question is, where to ride? I guess the WMAs up near MD would be the best?

ArmyOfNone

its raining pretty steady right now. I will go climb today no matter what. There are times that it just is not fun. Today wont be one of those however. While its not fun, I get enjoyment knowing that I am out there doing hills while you Fred are sitting on your ass ;) :)

excuse me but i was laying...sleeping, not so much sitting. So back off! :D :D

anrothar

entirely thrilled
park by rt 15 bicycle/pathmark. ride up the hill to rt 15 north. ride across. continue up the trails and take random turns to your hearts content. if you find yourself descending a really long, rocky hill, realize that you will have to climb back up another. for a tougher starting point/easier finishing point, you could start from the lot at taylor rd and berkshire valley rd, or from the lot by the bridge on blue rd(about 4-5 miles in from rt 15, on the right.

D

DANSPANK

I think I did invite you once and your reply was something like.

"how do you bastards get these jobs that let you out early"

So I guess my answer to your question is.

You are invited to all hill sessions, you just need to get a job that will allow you to join in the fun :)

Now that I know what the requirements are (6 summits of Tourne, back-to-back), I'll see if I can do it and then I'll give you a shout. Thanks!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
a happy rest day for me

Coming off 4 days on the SS in four different parks, with Sunday and yesterday being the harder rides. Yesterday was 20 miles and change at Clayton in somewhere around 1:45 riding time. Funfunfun.

Quite content to chill today.:D

ArmyOfNone

Coming off 4 days on the SS in four different parks, with Sunday and yesterday being the harder rides. Yesterday was 20 miles and change at Clayton in somewhere around 1:45 riding time. Funfunfun.

Quite content to chill today.:D

I always thought you were in the saddle 24 hours a day. :D :D :D

D

DANSPANK

My trip to Chicago has been cancelled because of snow out there - Boooo! I'm pissed off now...

But I did just receive a squeezy-toy on the mail from a giveaways company trying to sell stuff. I wouldn't buy it but it's pretty nice to squeeze. And the harder you squeeze, the more pick in gets! Ooo-errr missus!

ArmyOfNone

My trip to Chicago has been cancelled because of snow out there - Boooo! I'm pissed off now...

But I did just receive a squeezy-toy on the mail from a giveaways company trying to sell stuff. I wouldn't buy it but it's pretty nice to squeeze. And the harder you squeeze, the more pick in gets! Ooo-errr missus!

did he just have a cosmic orgasm moment? :confused: :confused: :confused:

D

DANSPANK

I'm up for a big ride tomorrow - trail conditions pending. Girlfriend's working; dog's going to spend the day in doggie day care, I have the whole day to either trail or road ride. So who's coming out ("to ride", not "of the closet").

Oh, I should add that some ungodly start time will be frowned upon...

Top Bottom