What is this place like?

I always noticed George Washington Road from Goat Hill and wondered if it went anywhere, now I know! Does anyone know if the road actually connects to Weeden? It is hard to tell from aerials. It would be nice to have a partial dirt climb out of lambertville.

George Washington does connect with Weeden. The lower end of Weeden is pretty washed out, but it would be a good climb out of town. I was interested in getting a trail in at the Golden Nugget that would switchback up to the top where the overlook is.

George Washington does connect with Weeden. The lower end of Weeden is pretty washed out, but it would be a good climb out of town. I was interested in getting a trail in at the Golden Nugget that would switchback up to the top where the overlook is.

word!

Hey Dirt Bert,

Let me know when you want to ride and check it out. There is someone doing some trail work at bald pate, so if we can combine those there might be some sweet single track loops we can work out.

Cheney
He man, the former George Washington Scout reservation has a lot of potential and the view from "The Rock" is excellent. The only thing to note here is that this is Green Acres land that is under the jurisdiction of West Amwell Twp. Municipality. I would check with them prior to cutting any new trails up there or maintenance.
I also think the scouts are looking into being more active up there is well.

Just a suggestion
Check out this link to history of the area: http://www.cnjc-bsa.org/camps/gwsr/

Cheers

Thanks for the updated!

I got in touch with Catherine from Green Acres who told me the property is currently being maintained by Washington Crossing State Park. I was directed to contact the superintendent, Dave Donnelly (609.737.0617) in regards to trails. If we can get a handful of people who will be dedicated to working on these trails, I will be more than willing to set up a meeting with Dave to talk about it.

JORBA chapter

I do believe Bald pate,...and surrounding areas have a JORBA chapter,..go to the JORBA site and confirm,...it might be easier to work with. Hope to ride there this year.

Supposedly JORBA is doing trail work here, but I have not heard of any dates recently and I'm only going from what I hear that the trails are a mess.

right on - there was 1 JORBA trail maint meeting last year with about 8 people @ Bald Pate.

I think between JORBA and this forum we can increase our numbers. There are some needs to be filled like: quads to get equipment out to the desolate areas, rework some of the trails that have aweful drainage, and some spare time.

lets get organized so this place is up to its potential. I am about 7 miles away from here so im down for whatever.

I am happy to help out too, so keep us posted on TM days!! Anyone up for group rides at bald pate, it would be nice to orginize those too!

I am happy to help out too, so keep us posted on TM days!! Anyone up for group rides at bald pate, it would be nice to orginize those too!

Yes. I am definitely up for group rides at Bald Pate. I think I have about 3-5 others that would be interested. I am slow, but I need to get fast. For some reason I thought it was smart to sign up for the US Open Giant Slalom Race. Weekend morning are best for me. I am usually not back in the area until 7:15 if anyone is up for a evening/night ride.

Hi all,
Kevin Stout is heading up the tm effort at Bald Pate and can be contacted at baldpate2009@live.com he is not a compu-nerd so he may not be quick to reply. ;) You can also check out the JORBA calendar for tm dates at www.jorba.org

I hope to be at the next trail maintenance day on the 18th.

I will get in contact with the superintendent at Washington Crossings about cutting trails at Goat Hill Overlook Park.

Does anyone know about the old Lambertville Loop Trail? Apparently there used to be a weekly ride back in the day.

TM Dates and a Tour

TM dates are: April 18, May 2, 16, 30, June 13, 27, July 11, 25, August 8, 22, and they continue pretty much every other week.

On May 2 there is a group ride scheduled, so we are not sure yet what will happen with the TM, but come on out! It's a good chance to learn the trails and have some fun. You can find details on the JORBA calendar, and here.

If you want info on the L'Loop, check with AK at Pure Energy. There are a couple of folks who usually ride that once it dries a bit and can show it to you.

rode this place yesterday (sunday 11th) for the first time and had a great time. Upon discovering this site and seeing a forum for Baldpate, I was really confused as to where one could actually get some decent trail riding in as I only knew of the summit area that is accessed from the fiddlers creek parking area. Thanks to all the posters in this forum for informing me of the Pleasant Valley area as the trails that I found in that area were awesome. Conditions were mostly dry, whatever trail I took that went downwards were the only places that were wet and somewhat unridable. But for the most part, everything was in great condition. This place is particularly good if you want a tough work out for your legs. I ended up getting a flat after flying down some ridge and unexpectedly hitting the edge of a rock in the middle of the trail, so the latter part of my ride was spent walking. At the very least, I was able to take in the beautiful day at a slower pace :)
andrew

Cheney:
Let me know when you will try to meet on trail development. I have hiked the area before. You got my info right?
Not sure I will make TM Sunday at Baldpate- a lot scheduled between kids baseball and soccer games that day.

Back
Top Bottom