What have you done to your bike today?

Then put on my new Racing Ralph front, purchased in a spending spree at cycle craft on the way home from selling the xxix. :D Setup great with Stan's with just the floor pump, all good. Until I looked and realized I hadn't checked rotation...sigh.

I never get tired of doing this.

I taught my Misfit a new trick. Did a front flip off a ladder ramp at Ceres today. Perfect landing......on my Camelbak. Both Missy and I were both unscathed and continued our ride.

Bonus points if you stuck the landing while still clipped in.
Glad you were both okay.

bike wash..

give my bike a bath in kithcen sink (it's from yesterdays race mudfest bearscat50) altho,..sometimes i took her swim with me or a bath together but i also slept with):D
so,.today i gave her bath in kitchen sink.

DSCN1394.jpg

warning:
don't do this while your spouse or your love one was around.
it's too graphic...and don't try these after seeing this.

well I just got my new sti shifters for my road bike . Yes it's an older bike and may be not wroth putting the money in to it but I like the bike and plan on keeping it. :D

give my bike a bath in kithcen sink (it's from yesterdays race mudfest bearscat50) altho,..sometimes i took her swim with me or a bath together but i also slept with):D

DSCN1394.jpg

warning:

your wife probably wanted to kill you. LOL

DSCN1394.jpg

warning:

When we lived in an apartment, I kept one of these in the trunk to spray down the bike after a ride. One of the keys to a lasting relationship.
Also doubles as a trailhead shower before grabbing recovery beverages.

hand-held-sprayer1.jpg

I suck at wrenching.
Now that I have a new Cannondale road bike, I plan on taking my old Klein down to the frame, and rebuilding it.
I have the extra bike that I won't need till winter (when it gets put on trainer duty), so I figure 'why not'.
Maybe I'll learn a thing or two.

Wish me luck.
I'm sure I'll be asking for help when I start putting it back together.

I never get tired of doing this.

:rofl:

Bonus points if you stuck the landing while still clipped in.
Glad you were both okay

This!

After sunday's ride, weirdly my headset creak seems better. I doubt it was the stem itself, but it is possible the shorter stem gives me less leverage on the whole stack, so less creak? Hmm. But anyway, the handling feels the same but my neck and back didn't bother me like they were before. Cool.

Liong is a man who loves his bikes.;)

I noticed in my training log yesterday, that I was already at 140 hours on the mountain bike this year. Sram recommends 65 hours ride time per 10sp chain on a mtb bike. This may seem excessive, but it has been a wet year for sure.

Les(29er) on his second chain already this year, so I did a complete fleet chain check. Luckily all chains were ok, but took note of a few getting down. Both chains on the tandem go really fast! I also put some rotors and tires on my new stans wheels.

Brought the Misfit in to my LBS get it "race-ready" for Saturday's day long slog at Granogue. My new cranks came in so I'm getting those put on, too. I have a *bit* of a reputation for being hard on my bikes. In the last year and a half alone, I've cracked a handlebar, a seatpost and my cranks, had to get my suspension fork rebuilt form the ground up, went through a nightmare on a hub rebuild, broke two sets of pedals, broke the ti-rails on a saddle, snapped two chains and replaced at least a dozen broken spokes. So when I needed the crank replaced, my LBS didn't even give me an option as to what I'd get. They ordered me a Shimano Saint. Have you seen the Saint? It's a downhill crank and it's about as thick as my forearm.

And it's going on my ultra light rigid singlespeed. It's ridiculous overkill. But if I can break this one, I think I should be given a job as a product tester.

Attachments

• bg-crankset.jpg
    bg-crankset.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 213
I always envied the Saints from the time the came out. Definitely not the lightest or the most expensive units out there, but sure as hell are beefy. I ordered the saint cassette.

Their lineup is just to die for. :)

wow. what cranks did you have b4? they couldn't get you SLX at least?

They could have, but I snapped a set of Hone cranks (which were the pre-Saint era freeride cranks from Shimano.) They were pretty old and the rocks just eventually fractured the metal, but they were still pretty solid and the fracture on them was through and through (picture below.)

I think I actually would have been fine with the XTs I have been borrowing (except I wanted them in 175mm and the ones I have are 170mm.) But there really is a good chance I'd break them in a few years.

It's not even that I am that hard on them myself (I only weigh about 160 in the off-season and right now I'm probably about 150, maybe 155.) I'll just try to ride pretty much anything and there is a lot of opportunity to challenge technical skills where I live. So I tend to smack crank arms and crash often (thankfully at low speed.) That takes its toll since I usually get at least 5-6K miles off-road miles per year. I like the idea of a beefier crank if I'm going to have to add weight anywhere. It's well-positioned for neutralizing weight gain to an extent since it's centered under me at all times and moves. (For example, if you add the same weight to, say, your fork you're going to notice it much more because it's located out in front of you and directs your front end ahead of you. I'm not excited about adding weight to this bike, but I figure if I have to, this isn't the worst way to do it.

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 228
1speed, the bottom of your crankarms look like they were molested by a crackhead. That is brutal my man.

1speed, the bottom of your crankarms look like they were molested by a crackhead. That is brutal my man.

:D

Yeah, when you combine PA rocks with a flow-free dipsh*t like myself, cranks gonna crack ...

Having grown tired of breaking my factory chain (Shimano CN HG54, broke 4 times in 5 months) I just put on a new KMC 10.93

I thoroughly cleaned and re-lubed the Banshee's SS drivetrain. Also measured the chain for stretch - zip! Gotta love KMC BMX chains.

Next I did a quick once-over on the Wicked Fat Chance and aired-up the tires - going on a vintage ride Saturday AM...

Tom P.

All new brakes for the Misfit, thanks to (gulp:D) Pearls' advice to stick with what works for me. After some fiddling I got the Formulas working much better and goodness was probably a rotor swap away. But the price was right so I switched.

I had to shorten the rear line which was a new experience but shimano had very good instructions on their site. I need to shorten the front a bit also but I'm beat.
I got stung by a bee last night and damn my arm is swollen! I gotta stop scratching it argh! Not the bees fault, I was off course and crashed into the rhododendron they were inhabiting. My bad...

Mmm..parts...

2012-06-21202752.jpg

Back
Top Bottom