What have you done to your bike today?

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
New cassette, chain, and chainring. Apparently it’s like impossible to find non eagle sram chainrings now so I have an eagle stamp on a GX 11speed lol. Whatevs.
1599777941907.jpeg

the old components are 3 years old and have over 4k miles. Impressive.
1599778007362.jpeg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Removed that despicable NX eagle drive train and replaced it with wide range microshift advent x. Aligned the hanger straight with my hanger tool first. Super easy install and spot on shifting. Liking this group so much I am ordering up another to replace mine on my Ripmo. I will have a couple
eagles for sale.
20200912_193508.jpg
20200912_193558.jpg

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Threw some cheapo walmart pedals on the bike I just picked up from @Norm and took it for a test ride during lunch break. Spare bike to lend out to friends. The three bikes I own are all Giants. Lol

I'm glad this bike will get some love and affection! This was my first "non-walmart" bike that I bought when I was at University and I was so excited that it didn't weigh a ton! lol Enjoy!

Kaleidopete

New front sprocket, rear cassette, derailleur and chain installed June 27th by LBS, Was good for five weeks until August 5th. When a stick took them out. Then went for another derailleur and new chain. Two days later had to bring it back to the LBS, it was shifting like crap, readjustment was good. For the last two weeks my rear shock has been bad, LBS ordered parts to rebuild it, but the parts still aren’t in after two week wait. I pump it up to 250 psi before my ride and ninety minutes later it’s down to 100 psi. Now it’s back to shifting like crap, I down shift from 5th to 4th, and it won’t go, I gotta go down to 3rd and then back up to 4th. Sometimes it takes 800 feet to engage after I shift, lazy shift. My Stans needs refreshing, but I also need two rear spokes. Just waiting for LBS to get parts and schedule a time. Feels like I’m riding a Junker right now.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
New front sprocket, rear cassette, derailleur and chain installed June 27th by LBS, Was good for five weeks until August 5th. When a stick took them out. Then went for another derailleur and new chain. Two days later had to bring it back to the LBS, it was shifting like crap, readjustment was good. For the last two weeks my rear shock has been bad, LBS ordered parts to rebuild it, but the parts still aren’t in after two week wait. I pump it up to 250 psi before my ride and ninety minutes later it’s down to 100 psi. Now it’s back to shifting like crap, I down shift from 5th to 4th, and it won’t go, I gotta go down to 3rd and then back up to 4th. Sometimes it takes 800 feet to engage after I shift, lazy shift. My Stans needs refreshing, but I also need two rear spokes. Just waiting for LBS to get parts and schedule a time. Feels like I’m riding a Junker right now.
The amount of miles you ride... you should hire your own pit crew.

Mtbdog

And I got a rash on my ass so bad... but you know me, I can't complain. Oh! (A Diceman reference)

EJphotos

I'm glad this bike will get some love and affection! This was my first "non-walmart" bike that I bought when I was at University and I was so excited that it didn't weigh a ton! lol Enjoy!
Nice! It'll be well appreciated here. Thanks again!

goldsbar

New cable and housing? Rear derailleur hanger alignment? Those are the two obvious ones.

Top Bottom