What have you done to your bike today?

Rebuild after the mud bath at Maple City. Went through a set of pads too.

20221001_192053.jpg

20221001_193153.jpg

20221001_194512.jpg

PXL_20221001_140031330.jpg

Pivot replacement day! New bearings all around, new lower bushing on the shock. Was going to replace the hardware with Real World Cycling top hats, but when I pulled the original hardware and saw how well it held up (custom made by Lenz), I reused it. It helps that it was sealed very well, and the RWC stuff wasn't. I didn't hate the polymer bushing (it did last two years...), but it was difficult to gauge how worn it was, since it didn't creak or click.

My 300w iron is not anywhere near burley enough to heat an 8x20 screw enough to break the red loctite. Took a combo with a heat gun to get it. Will use a pencil torch next time.

Unlike @jimvreeland , I didn't bother cleaning anything but the suspension parts 😂

Hey, does anyone have a Medium Mayor I can throw a leg over? Been looking for a Mukluk for years and am gonna give up. The RSD checks a lot of boxes except for the dumb Enduro bro geo, just want to see it it's tolerable.
Post comment if you find and ride one. I’m not enduro-bro-compatible and would like an honest opinion in the Mayor.

Hey, does anyone have a Medium Mayor I can throw a leg over? Been looking for a Mukluk for years and am gonna give up. The RSD checks a lot of boxes except for the dumb Enduro bro geo, just want to see it it's tolerable.

Maybe have @DennisG look in his basement? He must have purchased for one of the offspring along the way and just forgot about it.

1664736017477.png

I'm curious what you think you might not like? I have a Pugsley and I'm thinking of upgrading. I would use the new Fat bike year round, but not going to Alaska

I'm curious what you think you might not like? I have a Pugsley and I'm thinking of upgrading. I would use the new Fat bike year round, but not going to Alaska

The slack geo. The more I look at it, the less I think I'd notice it as I'll be using for beach and snow. I don't ride the Fat Bike in the woods anymore.

Back
Top Bottom