What have you done to your bike today?

Today I'm planning to install my new Sidluxe on the EE (it's the shock on the left). What's the best way to remove that bushing so the flip chip will fit in the eyelet? @jimvreeland or anyone else?

IMG_2302.jpg

@Bikeworks it's a direct-fit shock? As in, your bike doesn't need a bushing?

You can press them out with two sockets--one that barely fits, and one that 'receives' the bushing, using a vise. The right tool is a bushing press, and they're, like, $20.

@Bikeworks it's a direct-fit shock? As in, your bike doesn't need a bushing?

You can press them out with two sockets--one that barely fits, and one that 'receives' the bushing, using a vise. The right tool is a bushing press, and they're, like, $20.
There's an actual tool, but sockets work too.
I tried the socket trick, didn't work. I also don't have a vice, I was using an Irwin clamp, so that could have explained why it didn't. I ordered one of the cheapy versions of the tool from Amazon, will give it a go now.

Dropper has been acting funky so removed it to inspect, and replace cable and housing. Found that the PO installed cable without using the cable bushing end, and stopped the housing 8” short of the post.

38D40F1E-32F8-4680-AE3C-94D8CB8C3A2A.jpeg

Anyone have an extra cable bushing/barrel for a fox transfer post? One of these:

4ACB9CAA-2953-45A2-89C1-902B90731E76.jpeg

Last edited:
Dropper has been acting funky so removed it to inspect, and replace cable and housing. Found that the PO installed cable without using the cable bushing end, and stopped the housing 8” short of the post.

View attachment 184251

Anyone have an extra cable bushing/barrel for a fox transfer post? One of these:

View attachment 184252
I should have an extra. I can throw it an envelopment and mail if you want.

Back
Top Bottom