What have you done to your bike today?

Past week I've done the following:

Added a Schwalbe Thunder Burt to the rear of my new-to-me backup wheelset for the hardtail.

Painted my bike bell to match my bike and accent stuff:
Epic-bell.jpg

Bought these lights to give nightriding a go:

Past week I've done the following:

Added a Schwalbe Thunder Burt to the rear of my new-to-me backup wheelset for the hardtail.

Painted my bike bell to match my bike and accent stuff:
Epic-bell.jpg

Bought these lights to give nightriding a go:

The Evo is a game changer here. It's perfect for NJ where the trails never really open up at speed (I use it in medium 90% of the time). I'm still impatiently waiting for the promised GoPro adaptor, since I like the light not clogging up the handlebars. New mount is fire, though it needs to be tighter than you expect to stay snug.

The Evo is a game changer here. It's perfect for NJ where the trails never really open up at speed (I use it in medium 90% of the time). I'm still impatiently waiting for the promised GoPro adaptor, since I like the light not clogging up the handlebars. New mount is fire, though it needs to be tighter than you expect to stay snug.
That's great to hear. I was pretty confident in my choice after researching, but it's always nice to get some first-hand validation.

Not your run of the mill home repair but, took care of the fork recall on my SL7. It actually went a lot better than I thought, I was prepared to run new hoses and didn't have to. All in was about a half hour without having a workbench.

20211027_181153.jpg

20211027_181442.jpg

20211027_184152.jpg

20211027_181207.jpg

Also put the road group back on after the Blue Ridge Trip, which was the last time I rode this bike.

20211027_185555.jpg

Not your run of the mill home repair but, took care of the fork recall on my SL7. It actually went a lot better than I thought, I was prepared to run new hoses and didn't have to. All in was about a half hour without having a workbench.

View attachment 169783

View attachment 169784

View attachment 169785

View attachment 169787

Also put the road group back on after the Blue Ridge Trip, which was the last time I rode this bike.

View attachment 169786
Nice! Let me know if you ever want to do a road ride. I'll come to you and spare you the intricacies of Staten Island road cycling.

Bike related I guess. Since it was monsoon rain yesterday during lunch I decided to start getting my Zwift set up back together.

Sold the other aluminum road bike to get the gravel bike so now I will have to use the main road bike when I want to ride indoors. I was spoiled having a dedicated trainer bike the last 4 years since I didn’t have to switch from indoor to outdoor mode.

Finally mounted the trainer tire @MadisonDan have me way back on my spare wheel and then realized I stole the cassette off of it so now I need a new one.

Tire was pretty tight so I held the tire near the space heater for a minute and it slipped right on.

0DBF2BAF-09CA-44AF-97BB-A9A4EA5DEA1B.jpeg

Bike related I guess. Since it was monsoon rain yesterday during lunch I decided to start getting my Zwift set up back together.

Sold the other aluminum road bike to get the gravel bike so now I will have to use the main road bike when I want to ride indoors. I was spoiled having a dedicated trainer bike the last 4 years since I didn’t have to switch from indoor to outdoor mode.

Finally mounted the trainer tire @MadisonDan have me way back on my spare wheel and then realized I stole the cassette off of it so now I need a new one.

Tire was pretty tight so I held the tire near the space heater for a minute and it slipped right on.

View attachment 169788
At first glance, without reading anything (ain't nobody got time for that), I was like why TF did he mount the trainer tire on the front wheel? :p

Back
Top Bottom