What have you done to your bike today?

Rainy day, so...
My Hello Kitty bike was creaking something awful and has 1,100 trail miles (per Strava). I replaced the Fox Shock eyelet bushings, bottom bracket, installed a MRP bash guard, new chainrings, new cassette & chain, & tigh
IMG_20200710_182446.jpg
IMG_20200710_182455.jpg
IMG_20200710_182504.jpg
tened up the loose derailleur hanger. Now to test it. Think Six Mile will be good tomorrow??

Well it wasn't today, but got my new frame a month ago. Kept it on the DL cause n cannot =+1. InvisiFrame, then assembled covertly in bits and pieces over a couple of weeks. Sold the other bike just as I finished up so new bike took old bike's place. Nearly same colors (coincidence? I think not :)). Shake down ride, then some adjustments and it's feeling pretty good so far.
7C973261-86CF-4AF8-BCBC-EF9AE2A00545.jpeg
B252DF43-1C24-4B68-AFE5-181A1FC039D6.jpeg
E3101601-5C05-4D87-B506-1973C206C523.jpeg
AA2FB483-341C-43EA-AABC-DE23FD611A86.jpeg

Well it wasn't today, but got my new frame a month ago. Kept it on the DL cause n cannot =+1. InvisiFrame, then assembled covertly in bits and pieces over a couple of weeks. Sold the other bike just as I finished up so new bike took old bike's place. Nearly same colors (coincidence? I think not :)). Shake down ride, then some adjustments and it's feeling pretty good so far.
Pic?

View attachment 134072View attachment 134074View attachment 134075View attachment 134076
Nice! I love my 5.5, i'm sure you will do. And i spy the Double S lookout.

View attachment 134072View attachment 134074View attachment 134075View attachment 134076
Hey, that’s my spot!

Nice! I love my 5.5, i'm sure you will do. And i spy the Double S lookout.
I rented a Mach 6 when I was out in Sedona and it was surprisingly fun. Figured the 5.5 would be similar and still way more than I would need. So far it feels real good and has given me confidence to do a couple of things I don't normally do. And good eye, that is the lookout!

I rented a Mach 6 when I was out in Sedona and it was surprisingly fun. Figured the 5.5 would be similar and still way more than I would need. So far it feels real good and has given me confidence to do a couple of things I don't normally do. And good eye, that is the lookout!
What tire setup did you go with? Looks definitely a WT or even plus. Lots of rubber anyway, Can’t wait to test the new 27.5+ setup on the fugitive, since I converted the El Mar to 27.5+ that has been my go to bike, I even used it on chunkier trails (ironically got a personal record on the school descent on the full rigid, I felt it though). It doesn’t help that I need to service a few bearings that haven’t got here yet on the Fugitive.

What tire setup did you go with? Looks definitely a WT or even plus. Lots of rubber anyway, Can’t wait to test the new 27.5+ setup on the fugitive, since I converted the El Mar to 27.5+ that has been my go to bike, I even used it on chunkier trails (ironically got a personal record on the school descent on the full rigid, I felt it though). It doesn’t help that I need to service a few bearings that haven’t got here yet on the Fugitive.
2.6 WT is max according to Pivot for the 5.5. Was a little concerned since everything else I have has been 2.8 or bigger, but so far so good.

How is that invisiframe? I'm thinking of getting it for my bike, just not into adding some film that may turn yellow with time

How is that invisiframe? I'm thinking of getting it for my bike, just not into adding some film that may turn yellow with time
I’ve had invisaframe on my raw aluminum frame for over a year and it doesn’t even look like it’s there. No yellowing so far.

Can only speak to the install and results so far since this is my first InvisiFrame application. I have not heard anything bad about it other than the time it takes to apply. It definitely takes a few hours on the first try so you really do need to have patience. If I had to do it again I would use less water to speed things up. These are custom cut to fit specific frames so the pieces do come together nicely when its done. BTW if anyone needs baby shampoo, I have a giant bottle of it.

Back
Top Bottom