What have you done to your bike today?

New DMR death grips.
Thanks Halters
@TripJ's @jdog
No more hand pain from gripping a undersized grip.
I also left my 429sl to have the fork lower service done.
20191012_132718.jpg
20191012_132715.jpg

Last edited:
They’re slow as balls, but they grip wet rocks n roots great... so not a bad choice this time of year.
I hear good things about the new compound. The previous were decent in dry conditions but scary in wet rocks and roots. Very unpredictable but actually makes a good rear tire which all my old HDs and NoNis have been relegated to.

Swapped out the 35 compass tires yesterday on the gravel bike.. the vertical sidewall Seams are pretty weak on these and even with stans it wasn’t sealable. WTB Nano 40’s Are now on... I could prob get away with 45’s
E7652228-34D5-40D1-AA28-334BDB2248A3.jpeg

edit- first time back on bike in 2 months... feels good to be alive again

Last edited:
Did the lowers on my forks(both the fuel and the GT) and swapped out the drivetrains. I put the 11 speed on the fuel since I ride that one more and I like the feel of SRAM shifting better. It's amazing how what's not much more than a simple oil change can make a fork feel 1000 times better. I still have to do the air can on the shock, maybe I'll pull it tonight and do that tomorrow at lunch(or tonight since it'll already be off).

Did the lowers on my forks(both the fuel and the GT) and swapped out the drivetrains. I put the 11 speed on the fuel since I ride that one more and I like the feel of SRAM shifting better. It's amazing how what's not much more than a simple oil change can make a fork feel 1000 times better. I still have to do the air can on the shock, maybe I'll pull it tonight and do that tomorrow at lunch(or tonight since it'll already be off).
Nevermind tomorrow, shock's done.

Picked up the below Specialized Pitch hardtail from @RickVaughn last weekend because he was unloading it for a steal. This was an entry-level, $700 complete bike before he got his hands on it and basically upgraded EVERYTHING. I don't need to do much to it to get it to my liking but so far I gave it a nice detailing and swapped the tires for an Ardent front, racing ralph rear combo. Ordered valve stems to convert to tubeless which should be here today. Just needs brakes and it's ready to rip.
20191019_135532.jpg

Picked up the below Specialized Pitch hardtail from @RickVaughn last weekend because he was unloading it for a steal. This was an entry-level, $700 complete bike before he got his hands on it and basically upgraded EVERYTHING. I don't need to do much to it to get it to my liking but so far I gave it a nice detailing and swapped the tires for an Ardent front, racing ralph rear combo. Ordered valve stems to convert to tubeless which should be here today. Just needs brakes and it's ready to rip.
View attachment 108898
don't forget the dropper post!! gonna miss that one

Back
Top Bottom