Votes: 8 10.7%
  • gt

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • walmart type

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • none i'm a wuss

Votes: 14 18.7%

• Total voters
My first "real" MTB. Cracked the welds at the head tube. Haro something or other.

Raleigh Prestige. Carbon tubes with aluminum lugs. Cracked the top tube and down tube almost all the way through. Just enough stayed together to keep me from wrecking. Canal road potholes took that one.

I cracked an old,road bike frame, if you count rust as a contributor. other that that, I feel like Rusty. :(

Even though I've never broken a frame (because I'm smooth like buttah), I find it amazing that the Trek/Fisher count is so low. I don't know anyone who rode an OCLV frame back in the day who didn't break it at least twice, and every time I go to the LBS they have at least one broken Trek/Fisher waiting to go out.

Cracked my anthem, twice, in the same spot. Top of the seat tube where it joins the top tube. I thought it was me at first, my weight combined with pulling my seat post up too high putting too much pressure on that weld but I pulled out the seat and the post was a solid three inches below the danger line so I think the frame design may be flawed. Second time I felt it going, like the top tube was connected to the rest of the frame by a bolt that was loose. Kinda a strange experience considering it was a solid weld yet I felt like it had give for a few rides before it let go. I have to dig up the photos

Looks like nobody cracked a bamboo frame. #lookslikeiknowmynextframematerial

Cracked my anthem, twice, in the same spot. Top of the seat tube where it joins the top tube. I thought it was me at first, my weight combined with pulling my seat post up too high putting too much pressure on that weld but I pulled out the seat and the post was a solid three inches below the danger line so I think the frame design may be flawed. Second time I felt it going, like the top tube was connected to the rest of the frame by a bolt that was loose. Kinda a strange experience considering it was a solid weld yet I felt like it had give for a few rides before it let go. I have to dig up the photos
That's where mine cracked when I put it out of commission. There was a recall on the 2011, but other years also looked similar in design so it's possible it happened to others. Don't have to wonder why the frame was fairly light with the super minimalistic joints.

Broke the seat collar off the last OG Paragon in existence on a climb in Stokes. Probably at the 3k mi mark. Scandium, carbon, C-Dale, never broke a thing......Smooth as hell......

Even though I've never broken a frame (because I'm smooth like buttah), I find it amazing that the Trek/Fisher count is so low. I don't know anyone who rode an OCLV frame back in the day who didn't break it at least twice, and every time I go to the LBS they have at least one broken Trek/Fisher waiting to go out.

Because you can only vote once per brand. I broke 9 of them. The original Superflys only lasted a few weeks.

Also curious why the Supersix count isn't higher. I don't know of a single one that didn't crack on the seat tube.

wow aluminum must really suck or no one wants to admit they cracked their $3000 carbon frame

Ellsworth Truth (seat tube)
Cannondale Raven cracked after I sold it. Rear triangle, not the infamous carbon/magnesium fuselage.

Iron Horse SGS Expert
Iron Horse SGS DH

I too have cracked the SGSDH. actually the swingarm sheared. my buddy noticed it down bottom of gilbride @ CR, at least it held till I stopped. Never noticed it. Coulda been bad. hmmm got another and still riding it; they redesigned to make it straight instead of offset, should I worry?

a couple of specialized, a couple of santa cruz, titus a few times, ventana. Only one that hasn't cracked (yet) is the 1999 Merlin...

Cracked my Giant NRS Air years ago . I'm a fat bastard and that thing took years of abuse. It was replaced under warranty which I'm guessing is usually the case. Still have my Trance X1 and can't kill that son of a gun.

closest Ive come is bending a seat post,i dont ride hard enough to crack anything i think,

Intense Tracer and Ventana El Rey. Both after warranty period was up, natch. Back to Cannondale and Specialized for me after that (lifetime warranties).

Back
Top Bottom