What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

In before Iggy bans me:

This. Wow.
Had heard tales of this, but really, it’s from Michigan, what do they know about beer?
Apparently a thing or two.
Really much like.
14F8EB27-2999-48D4-AB3E-370A20AE31D7.jpeg
It’s got a super juiciness you wouldn’t necessarily expect.
Sadly the dude who hooked me up is no longer on the board.

(Thanks @Patrick !)

Dinosaur Mind Control from Burning Barrell. Great IPA from Colorado.
20190403_182428.jpg

@jmanic I have heard that Michigan is one of the top states and that M-43 is supposed to be one of the best beers in the country

Attachments

• 20190403_182442.jpg
    20190403_182442.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190403_182456.jpg
    20190403_182456.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 0
@jmanic I have heard that Michigan is one of the top states and that M-43 is supposed to be one of the best beers in the country
I know, I was kidding about Michigan, I know they know they stuffs, and I had heard of the M-43, but really didn’t expect it to live up to the hype.
It certainly does though.

I know, I was kidding about Michigan, I know they know they stuffs, and I had heard of the M-43, but really didn’t expect it to live up to the hype.
It certainly does though.
Knew you were joking about MI but kinda shocked your saying M-43 lived up to the hype because it is hyped very jealous. I was supposed to get a bunch of Russian River beers but my brother forgot to bring them home and his brother drank them all. I do have an open invite to go out and he will take me but no time

Knew you were joking about MI but kinda shocked your saying M-43 lived up to the hype because it is hyped very jealous. I was supposed to get a bunch of Russian River beers but my brother forgot to bring them home and his brother drank them all. I do have an open invite to go out and he will take me but no time

My nephew was a beer rep in MI at Bigg Dogg - i sent him a bunch of NE beers for them to try, they sent me a bunch back
and told me that M-43 was "the one" - i found it in somerville couple weeks back, and grabbed the last two 4 packs.
unfortunately none left......

Next beer up another pecan pie stout, this one is a 12% beer. It is strong but smooth not as sweet as the pecan from last were week but still pretty good.

This beer came from Fair State Brewing Coopertive in Minneapolis which funny enough I am flying too first thing in the morning. It's a quick trip but if anyone has any recommendations to see breweries let me know.
20190403_190548.jpg

Attachments

• 20190403_190615.jpg
    20190403_190615.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 0
My nephew was a beer rep in MI at Bigg Dogg - i sent him a bunch of NE beers for them to try, they sent me a bunch back
and told me that M-43 was "the one" - i found it in somerville couple weeks back, and grabbed the last two 4 packs.
unfortunately none left......
If you come across it again let me know I will make it worth your time it is on my bucket list. That list is very long though

I had the pleasure of going to Mecca West there a few years ago.
At that stage, loved me some Pliny (Elder). The way my tastes have shifted, I’m not sure how it would hold up today.

That said, my west coast boy is tryna get me to book for the Pliny the Younger release next year.
And they have opened a second location, thus reducing the shit show slightly.
The original location was the first and only time I had to wait in line to get into a brewery.
On a weeknight. When bottles had already sold out.

If you’re ever in Philly, check out Monk’s- they have Pliny on tap often, if not continuously.

Back
Top Bottom