What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

fair warning delivered. it won't be worth it unless you live there too.

not sure what the market in cape may /wildwood area is like, but i have a friend who is doing just this with 3 properties in NH(ok 1 right now, while he fixes up the other 2) and he is covering the mortgage, taxes, HOI, and property management costs, and all repairs/upkeep with airbnb and vrbo rentals. These properties are his retirement plan, rent them out to cover the cost of purchase and ownership, they appreciate in value and he sells them for more than he 'paid', except he got renters to pay for them. 'Free' (ok not really) retirement account.

not sure what the market in cape may /wildwood area is like, but i have a friend who is doing just this with 3 properties in NH(ok 1 right now, while he fixes up the other 2) and he is covering the mortgage, taxes, HOI, and property management costs, and all repairs/upkeep with airbnb and vrbo rentals. These properties are his retirement plan, rent them out to cover the cost of purchase and ownership, they appreciate in value and he sells them for more than he 'paid', except he got renters to pay for them. 'Free' (ok not really) retirement account.

I'd worry if my retirement was based solely on real estate appreciation. Fine in combination with other investments. Also a lot of work and maintenance eats into returns.

I'd worry if my retirement was based solely on real estate appreciation. Fine in combination with other investments. Also a lot of work and maintenance eats into returns.

i highly doubt that its the ONLY thing hes doing, hes not stupid, but idk the details of his plans and its really none of my business. . . .

Back
Top Bottom