What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

Thanks @soundz
image.jpg
I really liked it, my wife did not.
Said it was thin, didn't like the color, and all hop, no balance.
I'd agree to some of that, but still enjoyed. I would characterize it as hoppy watered down OJ. And I mean that in the best way.
Got me thinking about the distinct styles of east coast DIPAs we have to enjoy.
Of those that are on my radar (and I'm sure there are others), focusing on the flagship breweries/beers:

New England/VT- Heady Topper/Second Fiddle: malt and oats balancing floral hops

NJ- Carton/Kane: clean, crisp hop forward

Brooklyn- Grimm/Other Half: light on the malt, citrusy hop bombs.

There just seems to be regional consistency. I enjoy them all.
And I like turtles.

I enjoy them all.

This.

In some sense I feel like the Grimm stuff is a scam. They release like a 6.4% IPA like every 2-4 weeks. Change the formula slightly. Fancy cans. Limited distribution. High prices. People going crazy over them. All gone in 15min.

I don't think any of their stuff is mass distributed. But good on them for taking advantage of the market. I'd rather it happen to a family business than some corporate entity.

It's a good thing I enjoy chasing after beer and posting beer can pictures on the Internet and not broke at the moment.

I was gonna say, maybe it's time to stop drinking Japanese beers!
you can't get good American beers here, been also drinking sake, but I can't still tell what's good

my college roommate meet me in Kyoto, so I drank a Kyoto local brew, not bad, some kind of ale, so thankful for that, good fragrant start but no finish. Sorry pictures are still in the SLR, but here's a picture of carrots outside the restaurant and some ladies.

Last edited:
How is that beer, worthy of the house beer for VT trip?
In a minimum of 500 words compare and contrast Mastermind to Heady and support your research with chemical analysis and empirical data.

It is excellent, but not your typical citrus hop bomb. It's actually different than anything I've tasted before. Heavy, malty , juicy with hops is way I would describe it.

How is that beer, worthy of the house beer for VT trip?
In a minimum of 500 words compare and contrast Mastermind to Heady and support your research with chemical analysis and empirical data.
Stop chasing the hype!
Bring some 4packs of double Jack and you'll have better DIPAs then headys and available at any good beer store.

Back
Top Bottom