What are you watching now?

The Pacific -

John Basilone was from Raritan, NJ. They have an annual parade/weekend celebrating his life and heroics.

----

Watched Barbie last night.
It was brilliant - not sure what the minimum age requirement is to get all the references.

Oppenheimer was decent, mostly because the story is known - they just added drama around it.

Been a while since I checked in here to see what everyone else has been doing.

Recently completed these the last month or so while I was injured/sick on Netflix

- Band of Brothers - I remember watching this on HBO back when it came out in 2001. Im not much of a war/history buff but this was so well done I was excited to see it again after 22 years. Some of the cast members back then have gone on to do some great stuff.

- The Pacific - I dont think I even knew this was a follow up to BoB but of course Netflix led me right to it and I was hooked. Instead of WWII this focuses on the events of Pearl harbor and is great storytelling from the actual people who the movie is representing semi documentary style. the acting/cinematography is outstanding.

Now I am seeing all the teasers for the next one called "Masters of the Air" which focuses on the Bomber crews.

Leave the World Behind - wife and I decided this looked good based on the trailer and the cast members, but it was pretty weird and way out there from a conspiracy theory approach and the ending was totally disappointing.

Currently watching Ratched - crime drama about a nurse that infiltrate's a psych hospital with some ulterior motives. its also a bit weird but its keeping our interest for now.

The Pacific. John Basilone was from Raritan, NJ. (@Patrick beat me to it)

Leave the World Behind. Read "One Second After". Much better and it's a damn scary and accurate possibility.

It was brilliant - not sure what the minimum age requirement is to get all the references.

Oppenheimer was decent, mostly because the story is known - they just added drama around it.

We turned off Barbie after 30 minutes. Kept waiting for it to get funny. Awful.

Looking forward to Oppenheimer - Cillian is a fantastic actor.

Just finished up the final season of Letterkenny. Watched the last 4 episodes with the younger offspring, Will. Pretty sure he’s gonna no go back and start at S1E1. Pitter patter.

Up to date on Reacher S2. So far, still good.

Also recently finished up Black Cake and the final season of The Crown.

Not a lot else on the radar at the moment.

Started watching Tehran on Apple TV, pretty good after three episodes, only issue is a lot of sub titles, sometimes I have difficulty splitting my attention between Zwift and the subtitles.

Just finished up the final season of Letterkenny. Watched the last 4 episodes with the younger offspring, Will. Pretty sure he’s gonna no go back and start at S1E1. Pitter patter.

Up to date on Reacher S2. So far, still good.

Also recently finished up Black Cake and the final season of The Crown.

Not a lot else on the radar at the moment.
Was wondering about reacher S2 good to know.

We watched a mini series on Netflix “Pieces of Her” which was pretty good.

Now we are watching Echoes which is keeping our interest with the plot twists already on episode 3

Watched Bram Stoker's Dracula
A star filled production with sFx that now deter from the flow. Good story tho.

Is that you Wesley?

1704562700183.jpeg

Finished watching miniseries Echoes on Netflix. ending was horrible and confusing AF and totally off the charts of ridiculous.

Now we started miniseries "Fool Me Once" which is off to a good start - a whodunnit kind of series.

I am about as excited for this series as I'm capable of being about anything. I'm still sure that Benioff and Weiss will find a way to screw it up, but I don't even care - this trailer looks fantastic ...

Oh man...looks pretty legit. I wonder if I should reread the book(s) before then.

Oh man...looks pretty legit. I wonder if I should reread the book(s) before then.
There's definitely stuff taken right from the books in that trailer - the numbers projecting in front of people's eyes, for one: I completely forgot about that.

If they ultimately go through the whole trilogy in the series, I can't imagine how they'll handle the end. I don't think we're at a level of visual effects to capture some of that yet, but I'm willing to find out.

John Basilone was from Raritan, NJ. They have an annual parade/weekend celebrating his life and heroics.

----

I stopped watching Barbie when they plotted to overthrow Ken-dom. It was such a perfect place and I couldn't bare to see it unravel!

Back
Top Bottom