• Chain Waxing

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Not lubing your chain

• Overlubing your chain

• High Pivot Trail Bikes

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Insufficiently long headtubes for tall riders, coupled with silly-short zero rise stems.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Tubeless Sealant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flat Mount Brakes

• Headphones

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Sunglasses

• Total voters
Which of these prevents the use of headphones?
None of those prevent it, but freedom and personal preference are what drive my decision making, not other people’s opinions of my situation.

I don’t want to ride w/ buds or phones, wouldn’t be comfortable, at least to me. But am intrigued by those bone conducting ones tho, could be a nice solution.

None of those prevent it, but freedom and personal preference are what drive my decision making, not other people’s opinions of my situation.

I don’t want to ride w/ buds or phones, wouldn’t be comfortable, at least to me. But am intrigued by those bone conducting ones tho, could be a nice solution.

Not attacking you personally, or digging into whatever you got going on, but I’d venture that 99.9% of people with Bluetooth Speakers are just entitled assholes.

OP just trying to make a rainy day convo
1709400379513.gif

Last edited:
Not attacking you personally, or digging into whatever you got going on, but I’d venture that 99.9% of people with Bluetooth Speakers are just entitled assholes.
100% agree they are obnoxious on places like the beach, passing by on the trails not so much although they usually sound like crap. That’s the real rub for me as an audio snob. If they only had left, right and a center channel with some rear fill and subs it would be forgivable.

I personally find headphones disorienting, maybe others do too.

I agree with Kevin, let's end this debate here and steer back on other bad trends. Unfortunately, my brain has a hard time forgetting a lady riding an e-fatbike at Sandy Hook with her SO and blasting rap with profanity (I'm not bashing rap music) while towing a child trailer. Just about everyone they past turned around with a wtf look while she thought they were all just checking her out...

Not 2024, but…. F#ck’g HATE flat mount brakes. Yet another asinine compromise for imagined aesthetics. I want my CM+ between mounting points back.

Not 2024, but…. F#ck’g HATE flat mount brakes. Yet another asinine compromise for imagined aesthetics. I want my CM+ between mounting points back.

I know at least one manufacturer that has addressed the shitty clearances and frame intolerance issues associated with flat mount in a future group set launch. And it’s absolutely phenomenal. I face the tabs and sand pads on basically ever single bike I build at this point because if you don’t the Customer will be back in 20 minutes whining about rub 😂

I do wear Shokz when riding by myself. That said, I am used to listen to music at a quite high volume and I can’t really hear much else even using Shokz. Maybe more of a neurological problem than a technical one though…just saying it may not work for all.

I know at least one manufacturer that has addressed the shitty clearances and frame intolerance issues associated with flat mount in a future group set launch. And it’s absolutely phenomenal. I face the tabs and sand pads on basically ever single bike I build at this point because if you don’t the Customer will be back in 20 minutes whining about rub 😂
I see Park makes a tool for facing the mounting surfaces, but I find it odd the tool doesn't seem to make sure both mounts are on the same plane, although perhaps that is part of the checking process.

I see Park makes a tool for facing the mounting surfaces, but I find it odd the tool doesn't seem to make sure both mounts are on the same plane, although perhaps that is part of the checking process.
xmtbnj member Colin Willaims has quite a few posts about flat mount resurfacing and the lack of QC around the interface.

images

Also the silly thing manufactures do it accommodate them. I think the pivot Mach 4sl gets an award for this.

1709644367458.jpeg
Moots basically said that it’s so hard to get the alignment to stay straight during welding that they just gave up and 3d printed one

I don’t love the weld that you see mid-span on the chainstay, but the alignment is unmatched.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom