Wharton Conditions

WJF

The Tea Berry Trail (red blazes) was brushed back yesterday. Go ride it!
Thank you to @WJF , @Sandshark , @sj_john , JohnDel, and Kurt. Another great day working on the trail with friends!
Nice day out trimming the Tea Berry (Red) trail in Wharton State Forest.

96F96538-90B5-4CB8-AB3B-65ECA72906EE.jpeg
36FC9C11-FD7F-4689-86AB-031E99ED8963.jpeg
3A992CEA-E975-4DBD-8BE5-8FAFDFC9FC95.jpeg
0BF82975-B164-4AB7-A551-CA06074FF7AF.jpeg

tankhead

I was out on the trail while you guys were there. I was on the fat bike. I talked to one of you about not knowing TM was Sunday. My bad. Then I thought about surprising you guys with a pizza for the work that you do,, but I didn’t know what time you would be back. So thanks for all you guys do.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I was out on the trail while you guys were there. I was on the fat bike. I talked to one of you about not knowing TM was Sunday. My bad. Then I thought about surprising you guys with a pizza for the work that you do,, but I didn’t know what time you would be back. So thanks for all you guys do.
Thanks! Much better than pizza and beer would be a donation to JORBA. The donation would help fund MTB projects throughout NJ, from the NY state line down to the Delaware Bay. Or if you like, you can even ask for the donation to be allocated specifically to the Wharton Forest Chapter for maintenance items. @KenS can answer questions.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Thanks! Much better than pizza and beer would be a donation to JORBA. The donation would help fund MTB projects throughout NJ, from the NY state line down to the Delaware Bay. Or if you like, you can even ask for the donation to be allocated specifically to the Wharton Forest Chapter for maintenance items. @KenS can answer questions.
All donated funds earmarked for a chapter get restricted to that chapter, yes.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Big thank you to all the fine folk that volunteered this past season! There were many working days in the woods. Brushing back the TeaBerry, Oak Hill, and Penn Branch Trails; replacing dozens of burnt markers; chopping and sawing out many fallen trees; and repairing the bridge. A big thank you to WSF staffer Rob for the lumber, and to WSF staffers Steve and Andy for overseeing the repairs.

IMG_0674.jpg

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
A quickly scheduled JORBA Stop N' Chop ride to remove blowdowns is planned for Thursday 3/16/23 10:00 AM. All the usual info. DM for details.
If you are riding WSF on 3/19 or 3/26. There will be motorcycle events in the area on those Sundays. Please leave the ear buds at home and pay attention at the crossings. Thanks.

IMG_0683.jpg

Last edited:

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
This week's heavy winds dropped a lot of trees. Pay attention when riding. A big thank you to @John the Plumber , @sj_john, and @slingblade_uhhuh , for clearing the Huckleberry Trail today. @John the Plumber earned extra credit for clearing the TeaBerry Trail too. Will be posting up another Stop N' Chop work ride soon. There are more blowdowns to clear on the other MTB trails.

IMG_0687.jpg
IMG_0689.jpg

Last edited:

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Day2 of the Stop N' Chop Ride: We removed the blowdown at the west corner of the PBT- Huckleberry Trail. Then removed four more along the FireTower Trail double track today. Pay attention when riding. There are still blowdowns to be removed. And it looks like a roque quad was spinning donuts at the OakHill/FireTower Trails intersection. The trail is chewed-up w/ some awkward ruts and a broken post in that location. SMH

IMG_0695.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 59

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
:D Only recently retired.

Just to note that in late 2006, only a month or so after the IMBA Trail Care Crew visited. @sj_john, myself, and several others started routing the trail (under the supervision of forestry staff). We were young and employed then. But still had riders turn down invitations to join us in the work by saying, "if I was retired like you guys, I would help". Which was an incorrect and lame excuse, that would always make us laugh. But not laugh as hard as the riders that would beg out by saying *if I wasn't in training, I would help out*.

Thats the sort of trail jocularity that has kept us motivated and having fun for 17 years. :D

JDurk

:D Only recently retired.

Just to note that in late 2006, only a month or so after the IMBA Trail Care Crew visited. @sj_john, myself, and several others started routing the trail (under the supervision of forestry staff). We were young and employed then. But still had riders turn down invitations to join us in the work by saying, "if I was retired like you guys, I would help". Which was an incorrect and lame excuse, that would always make us laugh. But not laugh as hard as the riders that would beg out by saying *if I wasn't in training, I would help out*.

Thats the sort of trail jocularity that has kept us motivated and having fun for 17 years. :D
THANK YOU! I've used these trails for many years in winter.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions