Wharton Conditions

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Just finished riding white, blue and orange. Thanks to whoever cut the trees on Orange before and after the repaired bridge.
Had a nice ride with a few log overs that are very doable.
Must've just missed you. Removed the blowdowns on the east corner of the Huckleberry Trail. Thanks for removing those three on the Oak Hill Trail. They were substantial.

John the Plumber

Rode white,red,blue and orange today every trail clear but a lot dry. The pine needles in some spots were like riding over ball bearings. The tires did grip before sliding out completely. Really fun ride today with Martin.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Batsto Earth Day activities are being held on Saturday 4/22/23. Expect the parking lot to be busier then usual. There is also a running event passing through on the Batona twice that same day. Plan accordingly.

IMG_0725.jpg

sandman

Batsto Earth Day activities are being held on Saturday 4/22/23. Expect the parking lot to be busier then usual. There is also a running event passing through on the Batona twice that same day. Plan accordingly.

View attachment 211980
Started at Carranza on Saturday, made my way to the Orange trail, going in a CCW direction. Thinking We would see a lot of riders as we got closer to Batsto. We did not. Two riders did pass us close to the Blue trail. I asked if the parking lot was full. Hardly anyone there. Just a guy with a flag. That was around 10:30. We did get in 27 miles. Didn't see anyone else until we crossed the RR tracks. That's a spot that the BATONA trail and our trail are next to each other. Some light activity. The weather was near perfect. Conditions on all the trails were near perfect. I just wanted to say, thanks for not coming out.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
The Batsto Antique Show is Sunday 5/21/23. The Batsto parking lot is likely to be busier than usual. Plan accordingly.

FYI: the JORBA/Wharton Trail Crew still performs quickly scheduled post-storm remediation during the summer. We'll post when your help is needed for the work. Our '23-'24 fall/winter maintenance schedule will be posted before July 4. Thanks!

IMG_0761.jpg

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
There are road closures due to the large fire in Bass River State Forest. Check the NJ FFS feeds for updates if you are planning to drive to Batsto through that area.
I'm 25 miles south of the fire and ash is currently falling in my yard. :oops:

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 10.08.57 AM.png

Last edited:

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
The JORBA-WSF TM schedule for the upcoming fall/winter season is posted below. Quickly scheduled trail brush backs will begin in August. Storm and fire remediations will be quickly scheduled as needed. Everyone is invited. Check our Facebook and MTBNJ pages for updates. Thank you to all the volunteers!

Attachments

• WhartonSchedule2023.pdf
    44.2 KB · Views: 88

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Seventeen years ago this September, Ryan Schutz and Kristen Butcher of the Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew taught their class at Batsto. We've been at it ever since!

We have our equipment ready to go for the upcoming maintenance days and will be posting dates soon. Everyone is invited! Hope to see you there! If you have worked with us before, and have a maintenance suggestion, please DM me and we'll put it on the list. Thanks!

IMG_0276.jpg

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
As preparation for this season's trail brushbacks. Axe and crosscut saw were used to remove a bunch of fallen timber from the NW corner of the PBT yesterday.

Throwback Thursday: Ten years ago this November, the Wharton and Allaire chapters were riding the Huckleberry Trail together. As usual on WSF rides; axe purchases, axe maintenance, and everything else about axes was discussed. A suggestion to re-brand JORBA's Wharton Forest Chapter was kicked around, with @Frank volunteering to create the new logo. I'm guessing we need new work shirts with this logo!

tempImagexNtUnT.png

wharton.jpg

pibbles

As preparation for this season's trail brushbacks. Axe and crosscut saw were used to remove a bunch of fallen timber from the NW corner of the PBT yesterday.

Throwback Thursday: Ten years ago this November, the Wharton and Allaire chapters were riding the Huckleberry Trail together. As usual on WSF rides; axe purchases, axe maintenance, and everything else about axes was discussed. A suggestion to re-brand JORBA's Wharton Forest Chapter was kicked around, with @Frank volunteering to create the new logo. I'm guessing we need new work shirts with this logo!

View attachment 220184
View attachment 220182
If were addin the silky to the logo the emoji needs to be a 🥷

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions