Wharton Conditions

Ed you didn't believe me?! :D

Thans Chris, Ken and Moray42,
Its not that I am a non believer but its a drive down there and if we go and its icy like today was it will be a long and not so quiet drive home, if you catch my drift!:) Thanks again!
Ed and Pat

Should look something like this minus some sand.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423345151.568882.jpg

If anyone is interested, a few of the Cadre guys are coming down to ride Wharton tomorrow morning. We're meeting up at the Atsion lot off Route 206 around 8:45. Looking for a 4-ish hour ride (or more if the group wants to keep going.) We'll keep a pretty good pace with few stops. The more the merrier! Good training ride in one of the only places you can ride actual dirt in the region right now!

If anyone is interested, a few of the Cadre guys are coming down to ride Wharton tomorrow morning. We're meeting up at the Atsion lot off Route 206 around 8:45. Looking for a 4-ish hour ride (or more if the group wants to keep going.) We'll keep a pretty good pace with few stops. The more the merrier! Good training ride in one of the only places you can ride actual dirt in the region right now!

Is that the Atsion ranger station? Trying to figure the drive for me

Is that the Atsion ranger station? Trying to figure the drive for me

Yes -- It's off 206. If you're coming on 206 South, it's about a mile after the Pic-A-Lilli Bar on the left (about ten or eleven miles from Route 70.)

never been there but sounds fun! Need dirt.... don't know what time i'll head down but sounds easy to get too... anyone have address for gps?

hummmm... been itchin for enduro... but might do fat bike... hummm....

cheers!

never been there but sounds fun! Need dirt.... don't know what time i'll head down but sounds easy to get too... anyone have address for gps?
hummmm... been itchin for enduro... but might do fat bike... hummm....
cheers!

The trailhead is at the back of the Batsto Village parking lot.
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/wharton.html
http://www.mtbnj.com/w/index.php?title=Wharton_State_Forest

The rt. 206 Atsion Ranger Station option is good if you are following people that know the trail. Chris has a posted route.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/404989118

Have a good ride!

Wharton has Dirt! Real Dirt, well mostly sand, but you know what I mean.

Brought the Mukluk with Bud/Lou. Totally unnecessary. Should have taken my single speed or went with the BFL's.

Ran into Big Larry and got to hear a first hand account of Marty's Fat Bike Race (Brutal).

Met Chris AKA Bizarro, so that was cool. I even saw one of the ladies of MTBNJ (probably Robin) on my way back to the parking lot.

'Twas a good day.[emoji2]

Dan-

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423439528.539604.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423439528.539604.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Wharton has Dirt! Real Dirt, well mostly sand, but you know what I mean.

I even saw one of the ladies of MTBNJ (probably Robin) on my way back to the parking lot.

'Twas a good day.[emoji2]

Dan-

Can you complain about 57 degrees and sunshine? Nope!

that was me you passed. It twas a good day indeed.

Fun day at Wharton today. Thanks again to Chris G, Ken and Moray 42 for the heads up on trail conditions. Very warm, lots of familiar faces and tons of fat bike riders. The Penns Branch trail is in excellent shape. Thank you So. Jersey JORBA crew!
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem.....on single bikes today!:D

great out there today people! Good to see so many riding out there today...
Great meeting Juggernaut today also! Love that bike man! You look just like my buddy Bear from PA... had to look twice when I met you...ha.. We should ride up near your way soon... I'll bring the steel fattie!

I had a good time on the Enduro today... haven't taken that out for a long time... all my love since Oct has been fat bike love. Lots and lots of miles but it was real nice to ride that trail on the trail bike.

cheers!

suddenly wharton is the go to place and is getting all sorts of traffic. i would like to give a big shout out to slingblade_uhhuh kurt, and his crew for all of their hard work. hopefully all of these extra miles we are putting in this winter will continue come spring as tm hours. it's always good to give back.

About 2-3 inches. I just rode the blue loop, fresh tracks. It's powder, very rideable.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions