WFH Crew Check in Thread

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
WFH sucks. There are some benefits but I'd rather be seeing my students in person. Just one of their usually easy to answer questions takes so much more time with this "Distance Learning". For me it's literally twice the work of a normal work day. I'm sick of staring at the screen as well. I'm forcing myself to sit and answer questions and get some chores done and check in again. Rinse and repeat and then try to ride my bike when things calm down. I know this will be the new normal for me for a while so I'm trying to get settled in. I went into work the other day to clean out anything I may need for the end of the year. I don't think I'll see my classroom until September at this point.

depends on what your doing, for teaching i would agree(with no experience in the field whatsoever) that WFH sucks, for myself its great, >90% of my work can be done with just a computer and a highspeed network.

xc62701

depends on what your doing, for teaching i would agree(with no experience in the field whatsoever) that WFH sucks, for myself its great, >90% of my work can be done with just a computer and a highspeed network.
I’m creating videos to explain content and then giving problems to try and then the students have to submit their responses. Then check to see who has done the assignment, then track down those that don’t do the assignment while trying to get students to complete work from before the school closed and then answering 5,000 emails from kids who don’t know how to open a pdf document and answer a multiple choice answer sheet. Yes we hen contact the supervisor, principal, and guidance to inform them that Johnny isn’t doing his work. Oh yea and then record my attempts to reach the student on a document to show that efforts were made to reach them in the case that they fail. It’s the easy things that are taking 10x as long as they would in person. Then my school want me to sign onto zoom meetings while I’ll doing all of the above. Get real, send me an email.

Robin

@xc62701 I hear ya. I hear ya. I spent today grading but tomorrow I'm day full of Meets with my kids. I can't wait to actually have real conversation with them.

xc62701

@xc62701 I hear ya. I hear ya. I spent today grading but tomorrow I'm day full of Meets with my kids. I can't wait to actually have real conversation with them.
Yes initially I didn’t want to do the video meeting but I miss the kids. I think most will go well but I’m predicting a total shitshow from my freshmen. Im going to start then next week. I’ll test it on my honors kids tomorrow.

mtn

I was hoping to land a WFH temp job with amazon, but as I was filling out the app, they removed the listing :/

one piece crank

Two-week WFH rotation here, so I'm finishing the first week back in the trenches. For lunch I ate SpaghettiOs out of the can, cold, with a plastic spoon, 'cause if felt necessary. I definitely have more time in my life when WFH.

rlb

img_20210305_122018-jpg.153105

Attachments

• IMG_20210305_122018.jpg
    IMG_20210305_122018.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 85

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So it only took 14 months, but I finally got a desk for the WFH situ.
44F64BF8-8178-4E2B-A2A5-C7FCBBDD883C.jpeg
No more working at a dining table that doesn’t fit my legs, breaking down my set up every night for dinner. Yup. 14 months of that.
Better late than never.

Found it on Wayfair for about $400, and was ready to pull the trigger because it checked all the boxes.
One last look at Amazon, and blammo - found it for $190 under a differ mfr name.
MDF with decent veneering. Good enough for the girl I go with.
Much excite.

Edit: realized I can in for a second monitor with IT now that I have a permanent space.
For a data dork such as myself, that’s a requirement.

Last edited:

serviceguy

So it only took 14 months, but I finally got a desk for the WFH situ.
View attachment 155904
No more working at a dining table that doesn’t fit my legs, breaking down my set up every night for dinner. Yup. 14 months of that.
Better late than never.

Found it on Wayfair for about $400, and was ready to pull the trigger because it checked all the boxes.
One last look at Amazon, and blammo - found it for $190 under a differ mfr name.
MDF with decent veneering. Good enough for the girl I go with.
Much excite.

Edit: realized I can in for a second monitor with IT now that I have a permanent space.
For a data dork such as myself, that’s a requirement.
Also, you can switch to a quick nap on the armchair with a single swing of the hips. Genius.

Top Bottom